Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #1 
EmilyisSmiling

Talking New here... but wanted to introduce Charlie. ;)

So I haven't had a betta for several years, but I just moved into my dorm room and figured I needed a roomie since I have a private room.

I went to Petco and the bettas were housed in these pitiful-looking cups. One of the bettas was even floating dead in its cup! On one of the top shelves was this rainbow-colored betta. He has some green, purple, blue, and red, so I have no idea what he is "officially."

I used flash in this picture, but his fins are more of a blue shade than green.

Even after only a day, he's a little madman. He's very active. He's been swimming all over the place and even following my finger when I wave it around his bowl. I put a betta bulb in, but it hasn't grown much yet.

I named my new buddy Charlie. He's a friendly little guy. Do you think he'll change colors at all? Isn't he pretty?

(His tail looks weird with the glass curve, but it shows a little more of the red in his tail.)

Last edited by EmilyisSmiling; 08-23-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: accidentally made picture too big!... aaand it won't seem to let me fix it. :P
EmilyisSmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #2 
GreenTea

Welcome to the forum, beautiful betta you have! Good job on getting him out of the cup. I love green bettas =]

I know everyone will give you this general info, so I guess I'll be first. In a tank that small make sure you are changing the water every day and adding conditioner. Bettas are freshwater tropical fish and really need 2.5 gallons and a heater to thrive. The best food to feed them is betta pellets and occasional other treats like bloodworms. Him being active is a good sign he's healthy! This is a very friendly forum, I've learned a lot since finding it.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #3 
NCPanthersgurl

I'd consider him a multicolor, and he's definitely a Veiltail {I have 5 Veils of my own ;) } Beautiful! I agree with Greentea on the tank info, you'll definitely hear it again somewhere in here though.

As to him changing; probably. Almost all betta's do. How much is what you really have to wonder. :P
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, betta, betta pics, new betta, pretty colors