Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #1 
BettaFreakMink

Sooooo excited!

Ordered my first lot of bettas from Aquabid! 2 boys and 3 girls! (omg 5 fish all at once! -flails-!)

They are all from the same batch and I think I got them at a STEAL! I still can't believe it!

They are all blue/green and the boys look like they have black marbling on them. They are still juvies though so I can't wait to see how they grow up!

They are halfmoon plakats.

SOOOOO excited!!!!

Anyway, they were shipped out today and I should be getting them tomorrow ^_^

Will deff post pics!
BettaFreakMink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #2 
obiwansolo18

Lucky duck, I hopefully will get one from aquabid sooner or later.
obiwansolo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #3 
ALS1104

we will need pics! :)
ALS1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #4 
BettaFreakMink

Ok, so, I'm totally having a fit! Checked on the shipping progress and they are LITTERALLY on their way to me! I'm on the edge of my seat just WAITING for a knock on my door, and I just know that when I hear it I'll jump out of my skin and FLY down the stairs! lol

I already have all their new homes set up as well so it'll be a quickness that they are released from their shipping bags (ok, not TOO quick lol, but you know what I mean!)

I'm so thrilled and excited and scared! A million 'what ifs' are running through my head and I just CAN'T settle down! I even got new batteries so I can take pics of them! lol

I'm such a dork!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #5 
CoverMeInClay

I hope they get there soon. I know I was a mess the day I was waiting for mine. I hope you have better luck then I did on their arrival time. *crosses fingers for you*
CoverMeInClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #6 
mjoy79

I know the feeling too. Mine came 2 days later than he should have and had bitten his fins. But it could have been worse. Can't wait to see pics of your Thai guys, BettaFreak
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:29 PM   #7 
Laki

Does all of aquabid's bettas come from Thailand? How long can they travel for?? I just looked at a gorgeous orange CT on Aquabid and was wondering the state of them upon arrival?

Don't mean to hijack BettaFreakMink!! I can't wait to see pics!! All 5??
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #8 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Does all of aquabid's bettas come from Thailand? How long can they travel for?? I just looked at a gorgeous orange CT on Aquabid and was wondering the state of them upon arrival?

Don't mean to hijack BettaFreakMink!! I can't wait to see pics!! All 5??

No, there are US sellers too.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #9 
mjoy79

OH. I think I confused his post with another who's waiting for fish from Thailand. Not all of aquabid's are from there. But a lot are. There are a lot of US breeders on there too. I think i've seen Indonesia and Canada too.
The state of their arrival depends on how long they're in the package, the fish's temperment, etc.
I got 1 fish that traveled from Thailand and due to the transshipper, he was in his box 2 days extra and he had bitten his tail. but at least he was alive! I'm still working on getting him up to speed so to speak.
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #10 
BettaFreakMink

Actually I just found out a bit ago that the person who I got them from is on this forum lol. GunsABlazin!

They arrived at last! I must have fishie senses because I felt like checking the mail, JUST in case some dork left them in my mail box (I live in an apartment complex) and as I walked down to the mail boxes I saw the UPS truck! lol. I high tailed it alllll the way to the front of the complex (Note...there are over 4k 'units' in this complex and I'm in the VERY back! lol It was quite the hike!) I got there and was all "I asked you to let me know when my package got here!" to a lady I know at the desk. She had just gotten back from lunch and informed me that they JUST arrived! lol. Crazy huh? I had told her two days ago (when they were originally shipped out) that I would be expecting a package of live fish. She was excited to see them lol. I opened them and they were packaged SO nicely! Even she, and the property manager who heard the ruckus and came to see what I'd gotten, were amazed at how carefully they were cared for in their individual bags, news paper wrappings, and popcorn! Anyway, they were all very pale and clamped (what else could be expected though) and even all drabbed out like that the woman and man were amazed at how 'pretty' they were. They even gave me a ride back to my building so I didn't have to hike in the 100 degree heat with my box full of fish lol.

I let them all acclimate to the 5 gallon tank for a good while (I was actually dealing with a phone bill problem while they stewed lol) and in less than an hour they were colored up. I put all 5 in the tank because (me being a newb) thought that since they were all siblings and still juvies that it would be ok....I was emailing Guns about their safe arrival and how they'd already colored up OMG so amazing in less than an hour and were flaring but not attacking...no sooner do I hit the send button I look over and it's a BRAWL between the boys! I quickly grabbed them out and they are now safely separated.

This was my VERY FIRST shipment EVER, and my very first online buying of anything more important than a computer cable or phone charger, so I was on pins and needles the whole time. But man was it worth it!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH GUNS!!! I love my new babies! The girls are already doing well in their tank. They'll school for a bit, flare at eachother...then go off to find a new hiding place for a bit and repeat, but they are doing very well and every one of them is so pretty! I almost can't believe I have such pretty fishies!

Poor guns had to deal with a 'novel' of my 'MTS' lol. I already have plans to get another 5 gallon for another boy (the girls are currently in my dragon scale male's tank to be honest since I have a 15 gallon that will be the 'real' sorority as soon as I get it cleaned out and filled up and working lol).

To anyone thinking of snagging some beautiful babies, think of Guns. She was nothing but kind and informative the entire journey of my newbish anxiety and million questions lol.

I can't thank you enough!