Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #11 
1fish2fish

Thought I'd post an update. I have a couple pics I'll try my best to upload later tonight.

The fry will be 2 weeks old on Sept 6th. They're all doing very well and so far I haven't seen any dead ones.

Due to the fact that my vinegar eel colony is building back up and my other worm cultures died off during the summer I went straight to BBS. Surprisingly the fry took to frozen bbs right away and I'm primarily feeding that while I figure out a good way to set up a BBS hatchery without a light bothering me all night.

Right now the fry are still in the spawn tank which is a plastic tub, approx 4 gallons, heated to 82*F, tinted black with IAL. There are no live or plastic plants in the tank, only IAL but I've seen lots of micro critters coming off them which the fry are eating along with the frozen BBS.

Next week they'll be moved to a 10 gallon and a sponge filter set very low will be added.

Also next week I'll select and begin conditioning my next pair. Right now I'm considering either my newest marble male and my marble female or my marble male and my red HM female.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote