Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #41 
fightergirl2710

Wow, this really went topsy turvy in the last 4 hours didn't it...
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #42 
Amphibianite

Yeah this is seriously insane @_@.
All I have to say is I support PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals.... :P
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #43 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibianite View Post
Yeah this is seriously insane @_@.
All I have to say is I support PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals.... :P
LOL

Where do I join?
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #44 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
How is that not saying anything bad about vegetarians?

I agree peta is a horrible org.
However,eating meat is pretty unnatural now.At least where most of the meat comes from. I have been vegan for 12 years and have never been anemic or ill because of my veganism.
We were asked to drop this topic by a mod however since people keep posting about it I will add this LAST post. I will not debate this any further as I made a promise not too and I already feel like I am violating that promise just by defending myself. So first let my apologize for going back on my word to the administration of the site. I just really feel that this needs clarification.

I do not eat healthy nor do I eat a natural diet. I eat meat, stone ground wheat bread and veggies as well as ice cream, chocolate, wine, and any other great tasting food that comes my way. Sure I try to keep it organic, free range and wild caught most of the time, but that doesn't mean I am not going to indulge in a Mc.Donalds value meal every now and then. LOL
I don't feel that admitting the obvious is an insult. So what if I don't eat healthy 100% of the time, I am happy anyway
What I eat does not define who I am as a person or whether or not I am a "good" person or not.

If you take offense to me telling you that your vegan diet is not a humans natural food diet and does not supply a humans body with the best nutrition possible that's a personal problem. You are choosing to make it an insult when in reality it's not. Gandhi even spoke about about vegetarianism stating that he had been the blind leading the blind when he had advised a vegetarian diet. Is he insulting you too by stating it's not healthy and therefore unnatural? Like I said before, if I say smoking is unhealthy and unnatural I am not talking down on smokers. I am stating a fact about cigarettes and the effect they can have on the human body. If I had said vegans and vegetarians are stupid because they believe vegetarianism is good for them, THAT would be an insult. However that's nothing close to what I said. Especially because I do know the value of the vegatarian diet on sick people especially cancer patients. In my opinion vegetarianism is a medical tool that can be used to bring a very unhealthy person back to health due to it's ability to limit cancer growth etc. However normal people trying to use this diet on an everyday basis has proven to impossible for many people. In fact Angelina Jolie is now speaking out against it because her vegan diet almost killed her. Feel free to Google the story, everyone thought she was anorexic but in reality it was her vegan diet.

That's all I have to say about this. Please direct all further responses to my PM box so that we can all be respectful to the board and it's members that we all love so much
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #45 
Littlebittyfish

I personally don't base what I do in life on what celebrities say or do.I am 5'2 and 130pounds...Far from underweight.
I know I am healthy though, and that is what matters. I don't eat healthy 100% of the time either. I bake cookies, pies, and cupcakes quite often. Any diet can be unhealthy if it is unbalanced. It is important to have a well balance of foods.

I am not offended.Being vegan 12 years, I have heard quite a bit of varied opinions on the matter, I don't let online debates sway me either way. We can agree to disagree on the subject. I will not post further on the matter...I apologize, I didnt realize the mod asked for it to be dropped.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #46 
Laki

Wow. I had some of the above posts Multi-quoted but I'm not gonna bother inputting my debate here. I've been vegetarian for 10 years. I'm totally healthy. All my tests return perfect every time. I don't want to get into the "rights" and "wrongs" of it bc I deal with it enough in real life. It's something that will never die bc humans are prone to believing their opinions are God's opinions..

Peta is not a good enough organization for me to believe this fish necklace "trend" is still in practice, or if it ever was. I've seen pictures online of Japanese girls wearing live fish in their jewelry and stepping on baby animals with stiletto heels and all sorts of messed up things. They say one picture is worth a thousand words and I believe it when someone gets a hold of it like Peta does and spreads all kinds of mixed stories and fabricated facts.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #47 
dramaqueen
Banned

I couldn't live without a Big Mac every now and then. lol I also cannot stay away from gummi bears. OMG they're more addicting (to me, lol) than bettas.!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #48 
fightergirl2710

I need my McDonalds and Subway too lol! I was talking to my mum about this topic and she told me that the Buddha's favourite dish was mutton. O.o Lol!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #49 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I couldn't live without a Big Mac every now and then. lol I also cannot stay away from gummi bears. OMG they're more addicting (to me, lol) than bettas.!!
I cannot stay away from skittles (they're now gelatin free)....and oreos and vanilla soymilk..
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #50 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I know, right...and even though I know that pretty much all the food from McD's is flavored with chemicals? It doesn't stop me from buying from there.

But hey I like real food too, so I figure it all balances out LOL. I live near the pennsylvania dutch area so we are all about meat and potatoes lol.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote