Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #51 
Bettas Rule
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX
PETA has been exposed on numerous occasions and I was surprised that everyone didn't know about this already.
It's the same thing with the Humane society. Both of them are scams and should be exposed at all costs.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #52 
Bettas Rule
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Ok I just have to post this I know it's long but it's worth the read.

7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA



1) According to government documents, PETA employees have killed more than 19,200 dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens since 1998. This behavior continues despite PETA’s moralizing about the “unethical” treatment of animals by farmers, scientists, restaurant owners, circuses, hunters, fishermen, zookeepers, and countless other Americans. PETA puts to death over 90 percent of the animals it accepts from members of the public who expect the group to make a reasonable attempt to find them adoptive homes. PETA holds absolutely no open-adoption shelter hours at its Norfolk, VA headquarters, choosing instead to spend part of its $32 million annual income on a contract with a crematory service to periodically empty hundreds of animal bodies from its large walk-in freezer.

2) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means the complete abolition of meat, milk, cheese, eggs, honey, zoos, aquariums, circuses, wool, leather, fur, silk, hunting, fishing, and pet ownership. In a 2003 profile of Newkirk in The New Yorker, author Michael Specter wrote that Newkirk has had at least one seeing-eye dog taken away from its blind owner. PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals, including research aimed at curing AIDS and cancer.

3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to Rodney Coronado, an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) serial arsonist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing memorandum, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich has also told an animal rights convention that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation,” adding, “Hallelujah to the people who are willing to do it.”

4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, even waiting outside their schools to intercept them without notifying their parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children: “Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 1.2 million minor children, including 30,000 kids between the ages of 6 and 12, all contacted by e-mail without parental supervision. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience: “Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”

5) PETA’s president has said that “even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it.” And PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, solely because they support animal-based research aimed at curing life-threatening diseases and birth defects. And PETA helped to start and manage a quasi-medical front group, the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, to attack medical research head-on.

6) PETA has compared Jewish victims of the Nazi Holocaust to farm animals and Jesus Christ to pigs. PETA’s religious campaigns include a website that claims—despite ample evidence to the contrary—that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn’t be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compared the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide to farm animals.

7) PETA frequently looks the other way when its celebrity spokespersons don’t practice what it preaches. As gossip bloggers and Hollywood journalists have noted, Pamela Anderson’s Dodge Viper (auctioned to benefit PETA) had a “luxurious leather interior”; Jenna Jameson was photographed fishing, slurping oysters, and wearing a leather jacket just weeks after launching an anti-leather campaign for PETA; Morrissey got an official “okay” from PETA after eating at a steakhouse; Dita von Teese has written about her love of furs and foie gras; Steve-O built a career out of abusing small animals on film; the officially “anti-fur” Eva Mendes often wears fur anyway; and Charlize Theron’s celebrated October 2007 Vogue cover shoot featured several suede garments. In 2008, “Baby Phat” designer Kimora Lee Simmons became a PETA spokesmodel despite working with fur and leather, after making a $20,000 donation to the animal rights group.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #53 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
It's funny how everything that tastes good is full of cholesterol, chemicals, carcinogens, etc and stuff that's good for you tastes nasty like brussel sprouts or kale greens to name a few. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #54 
Amphibianite
Member
 
Amphibianite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Oregon
Cholesterol- Long word for Flavor. XD
just like Bacon it makes EVERYTHING better.

I want to go to a meat is murder protest eating a bacon cheeseburger. Then we they yell that it is a murder burger I can say. No it has bacon on it...It is a double murder burger.

All joking aside, I respect animal on a whole who here can't being our love of fish like we do. BUT I am also a chef, I have broken down animals to use for food. I cook meat on a daily basis at home. It to me is a part of life. I love ot eat unhealthly too XD. Lets go get a frosty and fries from Wendy's hey ice cream and fries don't knock it till you try it XD. I like a fatty burger too XD.
I am going to die fat young and HAPPY! lol
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #55 
dragonflie
Member
 
dragonflie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
It's funny how everything that tastes good is full of cholesterol, chemicals, carcinogens, etc and stuff that's good for you tastes nasty like brussel sprouts or kale greens to name a few. lol
Hey, I love brussels sprouts! Though I am only one in the household that does.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #56 
Bettas Rule
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
It's funny how everything that tastes good is full of cholesterol, chemicals, carcinogens, etc and stuff that's good for you tastes nasty like brussel sprouts or kale greens to name a few. lol

LOL I actually like Brussels sprouts with some butter and salt LOL
But I know what you mean.
Personally since we can get chemicals from breathing, drinking, sitting on a couch or even from our makeup I choose not to worry about it. There is no way to eliminate bad chemicals from your body because just living your life brings us into contact with more chemicals. I find that focusing on the positive and just trying to enjoy ones life is a safer bet than trying to remain "pure" in body. Many people have lived over a hundred years old that never gave a crap about eating healthy. I think longevity is not a eating thing it's a living thing. Stress is more than enough to destroy years of "perfect" eating habits so I just try to focus on being grateful for the fact that I am even alive and trying to make the best out of each day. Although that's never as easy as it sounds LOL
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #57 
Bettas Rule
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibianite View Post
Cholesterol- Long word for Flavor. XD
just like Bacon it makes EVERYTHING better.

I want to go to a meat is murder protest eating a bacon cheeseburger. Then we they yell that it is a murder burger I can say. No it has bacon on it...It is a double murder burger.

All joking aside, I respect animal on a whole who here can't being our love of fish like we do. BUT I am also a chef, I have broken down animals to use for food. I cook meat on a daily basis at home. It to me is a part of life. I love ot eat unhealthly too XD. Lets go get a frosty and fries from Wendy's hey ice cream and fries don't knock it till you try it XD. I like a fatty burger too XD.
I am going to die fat young and HAPPY! lol

LOL Bacon = meat candy
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #58 
fightergirl2710
Member
 
fightergirl2710's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai, India
Mmm.. Bacon...

I remember once I had picked up a badly injured stray cat and I called PeTA to ask if they could help.. They actually admitted to being nothing but media *ahem* hoes.. I find them to be eco (that's the word right?) terrorists...
The SPCA actually sent over an ambulance! For one cat D: Them, I really trust..
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #59 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
LOL I actually like Brussels sprouts with some butter and salt LOL
But I know what you mean.
Personally since we can get chemicals from breathing, drinking, sitting on a couch or even from our makeup I choose not to worry about it. There is no way to eliminate bad chemicals from your body because just living your life brings us into contact with more chemicals. I find that focusing on the positive and just trying to enjoy ones life is a safer bet than trying to remain "pure" in body. Many people have lived over a hundred years old that never gave a crap about eating healthy. I think longevity is not a eating thing it's a living thing. Stress is more than enough to destroy years of "perfect" eating habits so I just try to focus on being grateful for the fact that I am even alive and trying to make the best out of each day. Although that's never as easy as it sounds LOL

Well, I really don't want to eat something I don't like. I had enough of eating crap I didn't like when I was a kid. lolI'll probably die with a Big Mac in one hand and a bag of gummi bears in the other. lol All you health nuts out there are probably cringing. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #60 
Bettas Rule
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Well, I really don't want to eat something I don't like. I had enough of eating crap I didn't like when I was a kid. lolI'll probably die with a Big Mac in one hand and a bag of gummi bears in the other. lol All you health nuts out there are probably cringing. lol

LOL I am no health nut. I just realized that if I want to not be fat I have to change the quality of the food I am eating the majority of the time so that I can splurge some of the time

Like if I use pure cane sugar instead of the crappy processed and bleached stuff my body processes it different and it doesn't cause the weight gain. Same thing with bread, stone ground wheat it processed by the body better and doesn't create the fat that white bread does. It's little changes like that, that allow me to splurge on Starbucks and chocolate and Mc.Donalds LOL. I swear I hope they have Mc.Donalds in the after life
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oh my goodness, check this guy out! Bettaluver4evr Betta Pictures 9 02-15-2011 10:57 AM
Oh my goodness, Hero! TheJadeBetta Betta Chat 10 07-25-2010 09:36 PM
Thank goodness SaylorKennedy Betta Fish Care 8 10-19-2009 09:05 AM
Oh my goodness! doggyhog Betta Fish Care 26 08-15-2009 06:42 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.