Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #1 
DragonFish

Alright, So....

No new fishy today D:
There were pretty slim-pickings at Petco....but there were a couple nice ones. There was this gorgeous yellow butterfly doubletail I wanted...but after thinking it over I decided to wait until I have stuff more unpacked and arranged in the new house. Hopefully hes still sittin' there this weekend when we go in for a bigger shopping trip.

But looky what little Phoenix got for herself today!

(After she managed to wiggle out of the leash when I wasn't looking)

Dad bought me a leash for my baby girl for my birthday xD <3
I got her some meal/waxworms to and fed her while she was out....because shes not exactly happy about being leashed xD

But yeah, just thought I'd share. I can't remember if I ever posted pics of Jinxy here or not O.o
ANYWAY....I hope that Doubletail is still there this weekend when dad and I go to get some crickets. I should have things all organized and more set for him by then! Wish me luck! :)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:20 PM   #2 
CodeRed

OMG SHE'S SO CA-YUUTE <33 (I should be shot for saying that, but it had to be said!!) And she has a leassshh!! I'm like... dying over the cuteness :3 Yep, leopard geckos are so, so, so adorable...

Hopefully your DBT boy is still there!! Aaah, I'm still drooling over your girlie heheh.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #3 
DragonFish

Haha, LOL CR! xD Thanks!
I know 8D It took a little while to get her into the leash, and shes not too happy about it....but OMG is she cute in it! <33
I plan on leashing her up this weekend and taking her into Petco when we go to get the crickets xD

I do really hope that boy is still there D: He 'called' to me...I even have a name for him! xD And you know how it is, once you name them...
Old 08-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #4 
CodeRed

You are so, so in trouble... Named already?? Did you hide him at least?? If you name them...! I don't want to jinx it! Go, quick! Knock on some wood!! HURRY.

Sorry, sorry, no more yelling :} I'm just excitable tonight...

You're going to take her in to the store? heheh, I've ALWAYS wanted to do that with one of the Brats, but it's pretty hard to do with a snake! Maybe I'll do it was Lady someday, though...

HEYHEYHEY, did you move closer to me...!? heheheh.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #5 
DragonFish

I know, I know D: I would have hid him, but there was no place TO hide him...they each had their own little individual shelves(they actually all looked fairly healthy save for a little finrot here and there; there just weren't a ton of OMGWOW ones).
But...I've kind of got two names I had been going back and forth with depending on his personality when/if I get him xD; I'm so, so bad...

BUT, if he IS there....then its fate and I must bring him home 8D

LOL xD If Jinxy was a snake, I'd probably try to bring her anyway. But yeah, I can totally see how that would be difficult xD
And the sign on the door at Petco said 'All leashed animals welcome!' ;D Therefore, I shall bring in a leashed Leopard Gecko. Muhahahaha.

o: Did I...? xD
Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #6 
CodeRed

LEASHED? DANG IT. ;-; I don't think even gentle Lady would appreciate a leash around her neck heheh.

Ohh, your Petco has those cubbie things?? Mine is starting to get them in! I don't support our Petco anymore though >.< The care is atrocious now. Grr.

And TWO names...? You going to spill? ;) Or are you going to wait??
Old 08-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

She's cute!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #8 
DragonFish

Thank you DQ! :D

LOL xD At least, thats what it says on the one here....I doubt Petco would object horribly if you walked around with a Corn Snake off a leash xDD

Yeah, they have cubbies and then shelves on either side at the end of one of the isles.
And I mean...its Petco...but things looked acceptably clean. Of course theres room for improvement, but I've seen worse.
And though of course the bettas were lazy, none of them really looked sick...just some nipping/finrot on a couple crowntails and HMs....and the water was clear save for some poo here and here.
So yeah....could be better, but not the worst I've seen by far.

Well...scratch that; three names now xD LOL, I'll spill ;D
-Caspian(Prince/King Caspian X; The Chronicles of Narnia)
-Alois(Alois Trancy; Kuro****suji/Black Butler)
-Oz(Oz Vessalius; Pandora Hearts)

Caspian was the first name that came to mind, so I'd probably go with that unless he turned out to be rather spunky and spazzy.....but yeah xD
Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #9 
CodeRed

Caspian was adorable in the Narnia movies, not even going to lie... LOL. How would you pronounce Alois?? It's a very pretty name (oh dear, now I've de-masculinized it! Sorry!!)
Old 08-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #10 
DragonFish

Omg, I know right? <3 I'm totally in love with the movie-version of Caspian, I won't lie either ;D <3

AH-loys is how its pronounced I believe o:
And its okay xDD Alois isn't a very...'manly' character(quite the opposite actually).