Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #1 
Laki

Exclamation Need help on measurments!! Asap!

Hi guys! I was browsing the classifieds and came across an ad for an acrylic tank for 15$!! I want it, called and the man measured it for me said its roughly 10x20x11 and he crudely estimated it at 4-5 gallons. I was hoping if anyone here could tell me if this is suitable for my Lakitu!?? I have him on hold basically, told him I'd get the "go" before committing to buying. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Hi guys! I was browsing the classifieds and came across an ad for an acrylic tank for 15$!! I want it, called and the man measured it for me said its roughly 10x20x11 and he crudely estimated it at 4-5 gallons. I was hoping if anyone here could tell me if this is suitable for my Lakitu!?? I have him on hold basically, told him I'd get the "go" before committing to buying. Any suggestions? Thanks!
according to this:
http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/volume_calculator
volume= 0.036052 cubic meters= 36052 cubic centimeters= 0.047154 cubic yards= 1.2731 cubic feet= 2200 cubic inches= 9.5238 U.S. gallons= 36.052 liters
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #3 
Laki

Hm... And 36L = about 9 gallons... He asked someone in the background and they both guessed it was about 4 or 5 :/ And he said he was working in his garage and did rough calculations. I didn't even tell him how big I wanted it, so he couldn't have known to say 4-5 (bc in my head that's what I was thinking) Now... I don't know. I don't really have space for a 10 gallon!! I'll call and see if I can look at it first ;)
Old 08-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #4 
Littlebittyfish

Ask him to check the measurements. most standard 10 gallons are 20x10x12
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/article...rium_sizes.php

Last edited by Littlebittyfish; 08-25-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #5 
Laki

uh oh!! LOL If he's no too far away I'll bike down and check it out. He said everything comes with it for 15$ so even if it is 10 gallons I can set it up or keep it. Matt will be SO mad!! :P I just texted him at work to give him heads up ^.^
I might be able to fit a 10 gal on my desk if it's plastic. He told me it's not glass, that its "plexiglass of some sort" I'm too agitated on caffeine now.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #6 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
uh oh!! LOL If he's no too far away I'll bike down and check it out. He said everything comes with it for 15$ so even if it is 10 gallons I can set it up or keep it. Matt will be SO mad!! :P I just texted him at work to give him heads up ^.^
I might be able to fit a 10 gal on my desk if it's plastic. He told me it's not glass, that its "plexiglass of some sort" I'm too agitated on caffeine now.
You could always divide it and get another betta.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #7 
Laki

Ah, I see where this is going!! And I like it!!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #8 
Banicks

I know when calculating quantity for dimensions in cm you just got to do the following:

(10cm x 30cm x 60cm) / 1000 = x litres

You will just need to do your conversions to go from inches to cm and then the total litres to g. Google search results will normally give you the conversions when looking :)
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #9 
Laki

Thanks! It helped a lot. Unfortunately I didn't call back. When Matt came home we talked about it and I could only have gotten it on a loan. I'm flat broke until my new student loan comes in :( I mean, other than essentials. First on my priority is aq salt for Lakitu when I can next get out there..

So, within a month from now prepare for my announcment on a new betta!! lol I just need another tank and a couple heaters and I'm good to go!!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #10 
lordadamar

Once you do that math for Cubic inch, hes a liquid volume calculator

http://www.metric-conversions.org/vo...id-gallons.htm
lordadamar is offline   Reply With Quote