Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #1 
SVC

Breeding Question: Help For A New Member Please

Hi everyone, I received a PM from a new member asking for help regarding Betta not taking care of his fry. I have absolutely no clue on the subject of breeding so I thought I would copy/paste the query here for one of you good people to help out.

Thanks so much in advance if you can help! Message is pasted below in red:

member name: mharco

"help
my betta dont taking care on his eggs in the nest his too far from the nest and doing nothing looks so bored..what should i do?..thank you "

Last edited by SVC; 08-25-2011 at 11:19 AM.
SVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #2 
Creat

Well a little more info would help... how old are the eggs, what the spawn set up like, is he more "patrolling" then guarding... I have had males who spend a lot more time away from the nest then under it... and sadly it seems like the new member didnt do a lot of research before undertaking this adventure...
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator

We need more info; are the eggs scattered, still in the nest, .... or what? As stated by creat, that male might be patrolling, not ignoring.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #4 
Sakura8

Would help to know if the eggs look viable or if they look as if they have fungused. Hmm. I wish I had more experience with breeding. Creat and Indjo are far better suited to answer these questions. But I'll be here to cheer every one on. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #5 
SVC

Thank You guys for taking a look. I realize there is very little info there but it looked like this member had just joined and didn't really know how things worked and I did PM him/her back with information on how to check this thread (even provided a link right to it) and start their own thread in the future. Hopefully he/she will figure it out and try to add some more information. I tried...

Oh, and btw, I tried to fix my typo ( the word *breeding*) in the title and it still appears as *breding*. Ugh - I hate typos :/

Last edited by SVC; 08-25-2011 at 02:10 PM.
SVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #6 
Oldfishlady

I got that same PM and while I try to help and answer questions as best that I can....With new members that have never made a thread that PM me...I ask them to post a new thread-I also provide direction on how to create a new thread as well......I asked this new member to post this question along with a list I gave them of needed information that we needed to better help them......

mharco....please respond to the questions and give us the needed information.....

We want to help you out......

SVC...
thank you for trying to help this new member....hopefully they will respond.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #7 
Creat

Sakura8 you do an awesome job at cheering people on and I dont consider myself that good at breeding lol
and I do hope the new member gets to this thread I dont care if the person bit off more then they can chew... if it means I can help try to save some little guys :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #8 
fightergirl2710

They had PMed me too.. I asked them to start a new thread and PM you Ofl, sorry if that wasn't ok.. They said they're from Japan...
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #9 
Sakura8

:blush: Creat, thanks. I hope the person posts soon too, like preferably before the fry hatch. I wonder if the person is perhaps from a foreign country and not accustomed to forums. That would explain his/her confusion over starting threads. Best of luck to you, wherever you are, mharco.

Edit: Aaaah, that explains a lot, them being from Japan. Different language, different characters and symbols. They must be confused.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #10 
fightergirl2710

That's what I'm guessing. :/ They usually use those translator things right?
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote