Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #1 
snowflake311

Transshipper problem.

So I bought a fish it was to be sent to Julie in CA so I can pick it up. Well the breeder forget to ship it. I told him I still want the fish and send it to Lisa in CO . Because she was getting the next Thailand shipment.

Well the breeder tells me I will not be getting the fish because it jumped and is now dead. I already sent the money to Lisa for shipping. The breeder gave me a refund short me $1 but still.

Lisa was great at first with keeping contact and getting back to me. Now that I want my money back she is ignoring me or so I feel. She tells me she is very busy. I am getting pissed its been almost a week. She told me she might have a fish she could send me but its been a week and nothing no photo of this fish she might have. No talk of Refund.

I am getting pissed what should I do? I emailed her again saying I want a Refund. Any one have other problems with her?
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #2 
kjnewcome

Tell her that you want a full refund within 48 hrs and if you do not receive one you will be contact her local sheriffs office. If she doesn't want to play nice you shouldn't either. lol GOOD LUCK!
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #3 
snowflake311

It's not Lisa it's Linda anyone deal with her before?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #4 
snowflake311

I emailed her again this time with the PayPal thing that says I paid her, I asked very nicely for my money back since I never got my fish. She has not responded all day I sent that in the AM. I am getting pissed. I will call her tomorrow hope that works. or I file a complaint with PayPal and post all over every the form I can what a shady bitch she is.

She basically is trying to steal $24 from me. I know it's not much but it's enough to be pissed about.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #5 
snowflake311

Ok she finally got back to me and I got a refund . All is ok in the end.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #6 
kjnewcome

Glad you got your money back. :)
kjnewcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #7 
Skyewillow

I've dealt with Linda before, and I've never really had a problem. As a matter of fact, she's the only one I use.

She gets hundreds of fish in all at once, and has to sort them out, and sometimes re-package, and ship them out. Monday through Thursday, she's actually really busy.

She forgot that we had sent a second payment to upgrade our most recent to express, instead of priority. She forgot to send him express, and so I had to email her, wait for her to get a chance to get the email and respond. Then I sent her the paypal information, and waited another day and a half for her to again get the time to get online and check it. And once she got that paypal receipt from me, she immediately refunded it.

You have to realize that she has to coordinate all of those hundreds of fish to ship all over the country, and email people who have DOA's and chase down others who haven't paid for their shipping yet. It takes a lot of time and money to be a transhipper, and a breeder, and an IBC JUDGE on top of it. A little bit of patience goes a long way, and I have shipped through her 3 times already without seeing any shadiness whatsoever.

So even if you had gone on a massive smear campaign, those of us who've gone through her numerous times would've chalked it up to one person's bad experience, and most likely have shrugged it off.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:21 AM   #8 
snowflake311

She got back to me so its ok. I was reading other peoples negitive comments on her and it got me a bit scared. Google it i am not the only one that had a problem. I found it weird that she was so quick and helpful when things were going well. But as soon as things went bad she no longer wanted to deal with me.

At first I was so excited to do business with her she seemed great. She was so quick to respond to my emails. When things did not go smoothly she becomes a differant person I guess being stressed makes her come off rude.

I will not holding this against her. I know stuff happens and she did finally get back to me. I had never delt with her before and had read some not so great things. I had not heard from her at all in 3 days so I was starting to think she just took my money. I don't know her, she very well could have. My breeder in Thailand gave me a refund with in 24 hr. He has a betta farm to run and ship fish all over the world he's busy.

It's ok now Linda is a fine transhipper. I will be picking up my fish personal from my close transhipper from now on. Less stress and less mess.

Last edited by snowflake311; 08-10-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #9 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake311 View Post
I found it weird that she was so quick and helpful when things were going well. But as soon as things went bad she no longer wanted to deal with me.

At first I was so excited to do business with her she seemed great. She was so quick to respond to my emails. When things did not go smoothly she becomes a differant person I guess being stressed makes her come off rude.

My breeder in Thailand gave me a refund with in 24 hr. He has a betta farm to run and ship fish all over the world he's busy.
1) If it's bad on your end, it's probably worse on hers.

2) A lot of people get "rude" when stressed.

3) A breeder actually has it easier. You bid on that exact fish, he puts that fish in a bag, and drops it off with the transhipper. Most breeders have less than 30 listings to keep track of. The Thai Transshipper is responsible to sending the fish all around the world.

Linda gets HUNDREDS, from different breeders, and different transhippers around the world, and she has to sort them according to who they go to, often from different breeders, and people often order as many as they can to save some on transshiping fees. People hold her responsible if their fish arrives to her DOA, and sometimes she'll end up stuck with a fish someone ordered and doesn't want to pay for.

I'm sure it's ok now, but it wasn't ok at 10-something when you wanted to post bad feedback all over every site. It's not always her fault. She is just as human as everyone else, and when you have that much livestock to pick up from the airport, check for disease, organize a group of individuals to send to a buyer, rebag if needed, and make sure she gets paid for the service she's providing, she's allowed some error.

I'm not trying to knock that you were upset, after a week, I'd be unhappy too. But being in a similar position of organizing and shipping orders, I can understand her side of things to an extent, I know what it's like to have the pressure on you to have things done perfectly, and have them not always turn out that way.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote