Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #11 
PitGurl

@ Pataflafla- Lol, about your dog. My cat got into my brineshrimp eggs. He ate some and I had the rest all over my carpet. It was a lovely shade of pink until I vacumed them up.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #12 
nel3

changed the water in the 1g QT (DT) and put my VT into my DT's usual 2.5g tank. hopefully my VT will like his bigger tank. gotta go tank shopping before winter comes along. hopefully will get an all green from my VT to get a 5g tank.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #13 
BettaGirl290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarianblue View Post
You guys wanna know what I did today that was fishy? I BOUGHT MY FIRST BETTA!!! (Well my first in a few years)

He's a really really pretty blue one, with a long flowing, spiky looking tail. I bought him for my girlfriend to try getting her into Bettas, as well. I will be buying my betta for myself in a week or so, but he is still beauiful and stuffs!!!

No name for him yet. and I will have pics of him up soon
sweet! thats how i got into this thread! i bought ritotini and fiona and wanted to spawn, now i am known as the fish freak among my friends x] (i got my friend amanda into bettas, i should have her join this form too!)
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #14 
BettaGirl290

anyway, i got a fish his name..... Excentric! hes very pretty, pics soon! :D
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #15 
Bloeduwedd

I've done water changes on all my tanks, bought 5 new tetras to replace the ones I lost during ich treatment and QTd them for a few days, and put Magico back in my 20 gal now that the ich is gone. Was going to keep him in a the smaller tank I was using as a hospital tank, but he started fin biting :( So I'm hoping being back in his old tank with more to occupy him will keep him from fin biting XD Might be buying another betta in a day or two... my boyfriend found two gorgeous ones at Petco lol.
Bloeduwedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #16 
Pataflafla

Just did some more water changes to the rest of the tanks. 3 100% and counting molly fry while also switching Iorek and Courage to different tanks since Iorek's fins are too heavy for him now. Also did a 50% on my 10 gal with 3 boys and another 100% on the hospital tank with Frog.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:42 AM   #17 
hmckin20

SO, MUCH..

i bought some thermometers and a mini heater. i came home, put thermometers and mini heater in tanks, and continue thinking about the gorgeous girl i saw while at petsmart.. turn around and go back for her. name her florence. buy another ten gal and make a complex tank plan that is gonna rock once everything goes into place. then i do all of my water changes and do my sunday gravel vacuuming, and i decorate florence's tank and put a little oopmh into harvey's.. take pictures, obvs. and i just heard a *splash* over near my QT tanks so i ran over and was like.. NO JUMPING, to all of my fish.. put some extra matte board over their tanks to keep them from jumping out. xD
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #18 
Amphibianite

Put in an order for my first CT girl. Changed my 4 QTs water, and fed my boys a great treat of shrimp chunks in garlic juice.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #19 
MaggieLynn

just got home from work not too long ago and was busy in the morning so I just fed them :P might be getting another betta, if he is still there tomorrow then it is fate. also doing a 100% water change in one tank because of all the algae (its under a window)
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #20 
fleetfish

Fed the masses and letting Peasey and Boaz flare for awhile. It certainly helps both of them keep their minds off of their tails. They get rather neurotic if they don't flare, hence the tailbiting . . .
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote