Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #11 
hmckin20

hahah my dog gets her nails done painted whenever she goes to the vet. it's cute.
& my friend's dog had to have a facelift cause his wrinkles were closing up his nostrils /airway or something.

these things have usefulness to a point.
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #12 
Silverfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
yeah, the thing I saw apparently mentioned stuff like widening the nostrils of smooshy faced dogs to make it easier for them to breathe, so that I'm okay with
I don't consider this plastic surgery, this is something to help improve an animals quality of life. No surgery should be done lightly, but if it's to help an animal breath easier or see, this is done for health reasons, not cosmetic, and that's what's important.

Sorry to ramble.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #13 
EverythingNice55

OMG! OMG! I think I'm gunna be sick! THAT'S HORRIBLE!!
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #14 
BettaGirl290

i had to look away at the cat part XP
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #15 
Laki

The cat bath thing exists in Japan. I've seen them before :/ Pets in Japan are treated like children bc of the low birth rate and high cost of living or something. Treating these animals like humans causes way more than enough behavioral problems and is completely biserk and unnecessary :(
My cousin works at a vet and had one of her cat's ears tattooed with a pic of a bunny. She claims it was for id but she has like a hundred other cats without tattoos. It was a gimmick and now the cat looks foolish.
I agree, the website seems to have a cult following but it's all a joke. Some of the pics are real, some are photoshopped. Brings to mind, there is a doggy spa here in my city who dies fur and paints nails. They were exhibiting a chihuahua and a standard poodle at the Pet Expo last year. I guess people think it's cute. I thought it looked ridiculous. If it doesn't benefit the purpose of the animal then you don't need it. A scarf will suffice, and is way cheaper!!! lol On the other hand, if the dog is not harmed or annoyed or uncomfortable or inconvenienced in any way and the human has a twisted mind and disposable cash, then fine. Do it. But you'll be getting harsh words from people :P
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #16 
CrowntailTwitchy57

<-- my dog looks WAY better in a cute scarf than he would with PINK HAIR!
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #17 
Laki

^^^^^ Agreed! My dog looks dumb in scarf bc he has a thick neck mane (of terrier fur) and a scarf rides up and ends up looking realyl weird!! :P lol
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #18 
sorrelhorse1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
haven't looked at this, but, tattooing of animals is sometimes done for identification purposes. I think with some race horses.
They tatoo the insideof thoroughbreds upper lip for identification and to keep track of the horses racing career. I heard of a women that had eyeliner tatooed on her horse because it had very pale blue eyes. Kinda like ball players put that black stuff under their eyes to keep the sun out. But they do make animal safe hair dye. I knew a woman that dyed her horses tail black just cuz she thought it was "pretty". I just laughed at her.
sorrelhorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote