Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #1 
atteb

Few Questions

A few days ago I setup my breeder tank, the male has been in there for 3 days by himself with the female in view. He has made a nice bubble nest and yesterday I released the female which he chased right away. She does not seem to be interested in the mating thing and is at the bottom of the tank hiding in the plants.

He is not bothering her and continues on the nest. Should I leave her in there or remove her and wait for a couple more days?

She is huge with eggs.
atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #2 
Punki

How was she conditioned? Is she striped vertically or is she a light colored female? My female hid ALOT, only sneaking up for air, once he felt his nest was good hed come over to where she was hiding and flare, shed flare back and that would send him into a dance frenzy back to the nest, at first shed stay hidden but eventually she figured out that if she flared back he wouldnt nip and she became brave, eventually following him to the nest, my female was unimpressed with my males nest the first 7-8 times she visited it and woud nip at it and hed nip her and shed go back to hiding for the next hour or so, so if shes reacting to him similar to that then id leave her in. If shes horizontally striped, breathing hard and not reacting to him at all you may need to seperate and recondition her.
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #3 
atteb

She was conditioned with frozen bloodworms, brineshrimp, glassworms, pellets.

I conditioned them both for 2 weeks on these foods, but I do have 3 other males that I may try in a week or so.

I will remove her and wait for a week and try another male.

Maybe he is just not handsome enough for her....
atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #4 
Punki

lol Saving her eggs for the manliest, smart girl :) Good luck and nice conditioning foods! :)
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote