Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #1 
VikingPrincess

Greetings from Newfoundland!

So...I couldn't find an intro section (feel free to move this),so I will introduce myself here.

Hi everyone. My name is Lisa and I live on the island of Newfoundland. I have a 7 yr old daughter and a few pets besides the fish. Currently there are only 2 bettas here...both veiltails. My betta is named Salsa and my daughter has a betta named Cutie Pie.

I am not new to bettas,but Salsa is my first betta in quite some time and I got my daughter her betta. I forgot how much I adore these fish and now I would like to get a few more. I stumbled across some gorgeous pure white half moon bettas today,but had to pass them up because I don't have another tank set up yet.

Anyways I look forward to my stay here.

Lis
VikingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #2 
Silverfang

Hi Lisa! welcome from another Newfoundlander! I'm away for the summer, but will be returning back to the good old rock in one week. Nice to see a couple of folks from the island have discovered this place. And may I say, I don't know if I could have passed up that halfmoon! :)
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #3 
Laki

heehee :) I invited Lisa :) We're sisters o.o

Nice to see you here!! Hope you have a great stay!! I know I love this forum already!! :D
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #4 
Silverfang

We're taking over >.>
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #5 
caitic10

Welcome to the forums! I live in Canada aswell! :D

Do you have any pictures of your bettas? We would love to see them!
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #6 
harrypotter

Welcome! Fellow Canadian here although I'm a lot further west from you guys!
harrypotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #8 
laughing

Okay, this is pretty awesome! Newfoundland? What's it like over there?

I love it when people from other countries join, it's just a great way to learn about other cultures and makes me remember that the United States isn't the only place in this entire world, ha ha! ;)
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #9 
Laki

Newfoundland is gorgeous. It's a homogenous island on the East coast of Canada, unique in nearly everything; accent, culture, food, ways of life (traditional fisherman are still about).. Um, home to the most Easterly point in North America (Cape Spear). 2 home breeds of dog (Newfoundland dog and Labrador Retreiver). Point at which Sir Marconi received the first ever trans-Atlantic wireless message (Signal Hill). One of the most decorated yet tragic losses in World War One was at Beaumont Hamel (Battle of the Somme) in which about 85% of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment went down, among others. They were decorated for their bravery and now have their own Memorial site in both France and here.

I could go on all day.

The weather sometimes disagrees and in summer when Mainland Canada is suffering from the heat, Mainlanders come HERE to cool down! lol Newfoundlanders are among the friendliest people in the world, most hospitable in disagreeing situations (planes landed in Gander, NL on 9/11). We send out some of the funniest comedians in Canada (Shaun Majumder, Alan Hawco, what's his face ... Ron James, Mark Critch) we have George Street (famous for having the most bars and pubs per square capita than any other place in North America) home of the George Street Festival. And I'll stop here: St. John's is the oldest business port in North America (used as a fishing port for British, Spanish, and French fleets in the 16th Century) also contains the oldest business street in North America, Water Street.

Wanna know what it's like here? Plan your next vacation :D
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #10 
laughing

I have never been out of the United States, but find most other countries to be such rich in culture and I'm dying to visit!

I will have to make a stop to Newfoundland. I did know that the Newfoundland and the Labrador Retriever were from there ;)

Is it super cold in the winters?? Or is it mild? I figured it'd be chilly/rainy since it is surrounded by water.

I'm actually going to live in different countries once I'm done with school. I would like to tour most and live in a few that are very appealing to me. I have the opportunity to go to Africa (don't know which part yet) to do some vet work out there around June. Just got to come up with the money, LOL
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote