Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #1 
LittleBettas

Introducing: 2 new bettas

Yesterday I took a trip to Walmart to check on some bettas I had seen Monday... I bought the only one that was still there, Alpine Ice, one of the ones I had really like, a TINY pink guy, was gone.
Well, today I got a text from my sister, the pink guy was STILL there AND Walmart had new bettas, so I went to get the pink guy and look at the new guys, walked out with two bettas (ALMOST three)

Introducing the pink guy (no name) feel free to give name ideas

Confused on why this guy is SO tiny, hes roughly the sixe of my almost 4 month old babies.... could he be a dwarf? (is there even such thing) or is it possibly the bad conditions stunted his growth

Also introducing Hurrican, male CT, GREEN!!! SEVERE SBD and bloat :(

And heres the guy I did NOT get... but I was... and still am... SO tempted to get

LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #2 
Sakura8

Aww, your little pink guy looks so . . . little. I haven't seen those colors on a male before but he's definitely a guy. I'm not sure why he'd be so small. Unless he's really young. He looks so scared, I'm glad he has a good home with you.

Hurricane looks awesome, he'll be handsome when he's all better. I know you can get him back to 100% in no time. :) I can't wait to see pics of him all healthy with his fins full. You have a good eye for bettas.

And the one you almost got is so pretty, I love his coloring. He's a great contrast to Hurricane, I bet they'd look stunning side by side. *nudge nudge*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #3 
LittleBettas

The colors are new to me... he starting to have purple in his fins... so.... hes been at the walmart for a while, his cup was FILTHY, and he does seem SO scared, hes in a bare bottom QT "box" (1 gallon shoe box... lol) he seems to be having some trouble swimming up so put the leaf hmmok in (I need more of those things, they work AWESOME)

Thank you :D Im excited to see him once he can actually SWIM, how long should I fast him (hi belly is bout the size of a marble :/ ) I guessing this is fro the SBD (being treated with espom salt)

Oooo, dont tempt me, Im hopngto bring my 10gal up from my parents house soon, but its going to have to wait til the hurrican is over... I am considering going back to get him... grrr, lmao
Old 08-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #4 
Sakura8

Your little guy is so small, I bet even a 1 gallon shoe box seems huge to him.

I would fast him for maybe a day or two. If the bloating doesn't go down after that and after some days on epsom salts, I would consider Maracyn-2 to treat for a bacterial infection just in case.

Get him, you know you want to. :D I am so not helping, am I?
Old 08-27-2011, 01:59 PM   #5 
LittleBettas

VERY huge for him... here he is in his QT "house"

a to view (hes in the red circle)

Im probably going to have to reduce the water for him....

Will do :D lol

Oh, your not helping...lmao even now, Im trying to figure out... where can I put him... hmmm.... I need another tank till can bring my 10 gal up... ohh....
Old 08-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #6 
LittleBettas

So I have dubbed the pink guy Shoebox.. lol

I put him in a cup and floated him in Tihs's tank while I lowered the level in his shoebox and grabbed some pics of him :D

His color already looks better, he ate a small piece of garlic soaked pellet, but didnt have the energy to eat the bigger one though he did try :)

I am worried about Hurrican... though he seems to be doing better, LOTS of energy, he can only "rest" floating at the top on his side (half of him out of water)
any way I can mak things easier for him?
Old 08-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #7 
Sakura8

Shoebox, I love it! He looks so very tiny, if you hadn't circled him I never would have seen him in that pic.

Hurrican is a tough case. :/ Because he's bloated it's hard to tell if he's actually really skinny and NEEDs food, meaning the bloating is from infection or parasites and not pigging out. Have you seen him poop yet? Any indicators of parasites would help but of course, his little system has to comply. Poor fellow.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #8 
LittleBettas

I know, its SHOCKIN how tiny and skinny he is... hes pretty chill, prefering to watch me and only every now and then bothers to swim around (besides coming up for air), but when he swims... that guy is FAST
hopefull once he gets some meat on his bones he will be more active (though my other new betta, Alpine Ice, who I got yesterday is also VERY laid back, and a complete pig)

I havent seen any poop yet, he was in a BRAND new shipment and his cup was clean (and he has yet to poop)
He is a fighter, he chills out floating, but the second he sees me, he flips out an sarts swimming every where and trying to jump out (his QT tank is covered)
Im going to try to get some better pics of him....
Old 08-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #9 
LittleBettas

Got some quick pics of Hurricane....
So, good news, he does not look AS bloated and seems to be having a bit of a better time, there was an ITTY bitty poopie in the QT, looked brown, but not sure of shape (TINY)
He seems to be having a bit of an easier time swimming (though he IS still a floater)

Ill get better pics in the morning...
Old 08-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #10 
Sakura8

Hurrican has some fight in him still, doesn't he? That's great news, it means he's got the will to fight through his SBD. Since he pooped, I'd try the epsom salt for a few more days then, since it seems to be working. I remember OFL saying it can take a few days for the full effects. What's the dosage? Since he's pretty bloated you could probably up it to 3 tsps per gallon.