Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #21 
harrypotter

I chose mine based on color to be honest, it was my first fish and I didn't dare rescue a sick one, I would not have the knowledge.
harrypotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #22 
Littlebittyfish

I usually go for the sick sad looking bettas..besides the last 2 I got...They were both pretty healthy when I got them.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #23 
Foxell

I do like to look at the ones I think are the most attractive, but I usually end up with the best personality. It's usually hard to tell personalities when they're in tiny little cups, but if you watch them for long enough you can some-what tell :] I got Takeshi [most recent betta] because he was so laid back, and he definitely is! He's a bit of a goofball, and even though he wasn't the brightest, most colorful betta there, I'm glad I chose him because he's a silly boy and very fun to watch.
Foxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #24 
LittleBettas

I go for the ones near death.... eitherwith SBD, finrot, or who have some other default (one was put in the cup with another betta and chewed up, an other is SO tiny, has been a the store for awhile and in a filthy cup, also acts lethargic)

I've had two bettas pass away (rip Wildfire and Chance) but I have 10 bettas who most people would have passed up as dead
(3 bettas... the newbies, I bought from cajunamy on this forum)

Its really all about what you can handle, I jut got two new bettas today, one with SEVERE BD and bloat and the other is TINY, roughly he sizeof my 4 month old babies... he acts lethargic, was in a dirty cup andha been there for awhile there were two other bettas there with SBD... I chose the ones worse off
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #25 
Sena Hansler

Oh wow, LittleBettas. Yeah I got my Admiral because I felt bad for him... He is not the prettiest really, but he also has no personality. He is only 5 months mind you, so hopefully he gets better as he gets older :) I know my Spartan did, once he hit two years old ><
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #26 
copperarabian

I look for a color that interest me, then let him flare so I can see his fins :)
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #27 
Sena Hansler

Haha I try seeing if they would flare :p I feel if the male's flare, they've got the spunk! Even ones who don't but hold their fins (if they can, especially in cramped bowls or cups) rather than let them droop like they are sick :o however some sick fish I'll get... that way I know they can be taken care of.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #28 
Mars788

Well, I just have the one, but the day I got him I almost couldn't decide. I wanted to adopt all of them, yet at the same time I wanted to forget about fish alltogether. Having two goldfish and an algae eater die within a week has that effect.
But! Then I saw this white-ish looking guy with blue eyes. (I know he looks almost pink in his pics, but that's due to water conditioner.) Guess eyes are important to me, whether we're talking about humans or bettas, ha ha ha.
Mars788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #29 
Sena Hansler

haha totally agreed xD
Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #30 
sarahbeth1976

I got my first Betta Boy because he was the most active fish there...he also is pretty...he's a crowntail whose fins have gotten LONGER since I brought him home. Since he is my first Betta Boy, I didn't wanna take the chance of bringing home a sick one. . Maybe when I learn a bit more about there amazing creatures will I adopt someone who otherwise won't likely find a home.
sarahbeth1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, buying, fish