Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-01-2011, 03:50 AM   #31 
Qishi

I am definitely a sucker for bettas that have different color on their fin's edges. Like my first betta has red fins but black edges and blue stripes close to the body. I just had to get him when I saw him.
Qishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #32 
Rjb5584

When I got whitey and spreckers, there were a pot of traits that carried similar or equal value: color vividness and actual colors, fin types and condition, unusualness of color or color combination, and scale condition. From there it went to overall health, aggression, then personality.

When I get my next one, actual colors and color vividness are going towards the bottom, scale condition is going up, as is personality and aggression.

I thought whitey was kinda pretty, but in the store I was kinda "meh" about him--it wasn't until the clerk said "if I were you, I'd buy him. I have no clue how one that attractive got past all the employees. If you don't buy him, at the end of the day, I will," and that sealed the deal. Spreckers colors are more what I like, but whitey's vibrancy and personality outshine spreckers' by miles. I'm still amazed what a difference it makes! This coming from someone who originally wanted bettas more as a way to liven up and decorate his appartment... >.<
Rjb5584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #33 
sarahbeth1976

Until I adopted Argo...I never knew how much these little souls could steal people's heart. When I was a kid, we had goldfish. But bettas are in an entirely different league. Argo interacts with me as much as does my dog. :O)I a nver withou a dog & now I'll always have a Betta.
sarahbeth1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #34 
Ajones108

I'm a sucker for any orange or yellow bettas. My favourite tail type is most likely half moon or CTPK.
Ajones108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #35 
hmckin20

I tend to go for fin shape and then color.. whatever is extremely unique.
But even then I wait around to see any that connect to me. Most times I pick up the pitiful ones that are sick looking to take home and nurture.
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #36 
Campbell

I always get the "ugly" (torn fins, plain color, etc.) ones. I feel like no one else would give them a good home. They're still interesting, and often times they will color up within a few weeks.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #37 
betaguy

I failed my last guy, ide rather not go into detail. This time around i didnt care for color, gender, or tail type. I just went with the one who would provide me with the best chance at success. right now hes a happy little bugger who made his first bubble nest yesterday. Hes pretty unique too, all white, pink tail, and a freckled face. Im amazed at how attached i am and just how much i watch him do his patrols (as i call them) across his fish tank. Its not all in the looks, personality matters more to me.
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #38 
Pitluvs

I chose Ben based on health first, color second. Since my first two died on me I needed a healthy fish to learn with. Once I saw a new shipment of healthy bettas still in cups, then I chose on color. Ben was the only one that wasn't blue like my Venom. After that, I chose based on need and who wasn't pretty enough for people who based a fish on looks. I see red vts at the LPS which I'd love to have but i'll only get one if its in need of treatment. So far they are happy and healthy.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, buying, fish