Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 06:29 AM   #11 
earthworm88

I know what I would like to call him......"MINE!" *grabby hands*
Absolutely gorgeous Lavender coloring Great find!

Cheers!
earthworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #12 
Princess Penny

Thanks guys! Lavender, I would have never thought of that, but it makes sense!

Foxell - yes, I'm Mandy ;D
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #13 
Indyfishy

I think he's a delta, but as he grows and if he gets some flairing exercise everyday then he could eventually become an HM!!!!! He's so gorgeous, he looks like a little penguin!!
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #14 
Princess Penny

Thanks! He doesn't flare very much, in fact those latest pictures are the most I think I've seen him do except for ONCE when he was in his vase. Which is probably the culprit for why he never did much, hopefully with his new huge setup he will start doing it more :)

Indyfishy, where abouts in Indiana are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Indianapolis!
Old 08-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #15 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That is an amazing fish our pet stores never have really nice ones like that!
Also you're really good at photographing him :D
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #16 
BlakbirdxGyarados

I saw a few posts you did today around the forum. Been wanting to tell you how absolutely gorgeous he is!

My guess is DT, possibly SDT once his tail grows back out. When it's finished growing out, too, you can tell if there's some rose petals back there. ;)
It's easiest to tell if he's flaring. (A good ay to get him to flare is holding a mirror.) My marble HM Jade looked more like a DT until he got a bit older. He's almost a year old now I think, and he's a hugely finned HM with rose fringe. A very-not-recent picture of him is to the left, as my avatar. I need to get pictures of how he is now... always changing colors. He's so different from when I first got him.

Speaking of colors, I agree with earthworm88. I think people would label him as lavender, though me being complicated, I'd say he's a lavender with a white belly and cellophane-faded fins.

How long have you had him again?
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #17 
Indyfishy

I bet he'll love his new big tank!!!!!! And I'm located in Noblesville =D Where did you get him???
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #18 
Princess Penny

Olympia - thanks! But I give credit for the photos completely to my DSLR, I'm not much of a photographer but having a decent camera really helps lol! Especially the "close-up" setting, really useful for photographing fish ;D He was a very lucky and unexpected find, I was actually quite impressed with the selection the store had.

Blakbird - thank you! I got him in June so I've had him for... 2 months now? and until now he was in a vase with no heater or anything :( So hopefully he will start to grow, heal, look nicer and be more healthy in general!

Indy - awesome! I got him at the Petco on north Keystone Ave, they had quite a few nice bettas there actually. I was impressed!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #19 
BlakbirdxGyarados

@Princess Penny; I think you'll see an improvement within a week or two. It's amazing how fast they color up once they're properly taken care of. I can't imagine how his colors could get better, though... I'm going to keep a look out for more pictures of him later on to see. He'll be truly stunning!

Last edited by BlakbirdxGyarados; 08-30-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: lol, mispellings
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #20 
Princess Penny

I agree, I think his fins could improve but his color is really nice, I decided to name him "Ammo" because his color/shiny-ness reminds me of a bullet :D