Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #21 
Akito38

The worst thing is that clear small cube tank is really common. I think Ive seen it in just about every major pet store and many department stores. Its only 0.5 gallons and has no room to put stuff in for the beta to hide behind.
Akito38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:54 AM   #22 
sorrelhorse1

The shoes DO NOT open at all. There are shoes that do open, but it's in the sole and they don't seal tightly enough to hold water.
sorrelhorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #23 
Talia

I used to have a pair of sneakers like those shoes, only they held polly pocket dolls instead of fish. Yeah, all those tanks are really small. That's the reason why I didn't get bettas for a long time. It made me really really nervous to see them swim around in such little tanks, like racing heart nervous. Now I have bettas in decent sized aquariums and they help me relax. :) One good thing I've noticed about betta tanks is that the more popular ones seem to be getting bigger. .3 gallons, .5 gallons, and 1 gallon tanks seem to be the "in" thing compared to the .1 gallons and .2 gallons that were "in" when I was little. They're still too small but it is an improvement.
Talia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #24 
BlakbirdxGyarados

The very last picture you've posted is definitely photoshop'd.
Well, they all are, but the advertisement is not cool, of course.
But anyway, I noted on the last one because if a person really looks at it, they can tell that the lighting on the betta isn't right and it's made to look like the halfmoon can fit in there. I can tell the size of teh tank by looking at teh plants and gravel, and I can guarantee that my Jade (who's actually gotten a lot bigger in the last few months) will not be able to make even circles in that thing.
The Oh Betta tank is more disturbing though since there's actually a betta in there. I hope the advertisers were just borrowing him (or her?) for the photo or the owner doesn't keep it that way.

+1 to the fact that we're keeping ours as well as we are. That, at the least, does make me happy.
I've suffered a rather heavy loss in the past few months, but I suppose that's my fault, since I've had to go on all these trips. The sitter still took care of them, he knows very well on their care, but... well things happen.
Just love the ones you have, know that they're well and happy.
We could just as easily compare our bettas lives to those stuck in the "neat" tiny tanks, just as we could compare our children to those who barely have food for the day.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #25 
Amphibianite

So tanks stick out to me... One is the OH Beta... how the explitive did they get the gravel and the plant in the bottom of the thing? Well gravel just pour in and left it fall but the plant @_@

Second is the bowl on the mystic rocks. While it is too small I have to admit it appeals to me because of how it looks. If I could get one with a 1.5 or 2 gal bowl on it, that would look fantastic.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #26 
Inga

I have also seen fishtank toiletseats which I thought were so sad. Imagine what a horrid life that would be for a fish. No living being should suffer what some people do to animals. Sad, very very sad. :(
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #27 
Kytkattin

Inga: Toilet seats or the tanks? The toilet tank is about 2 gallons, so it could work for a betta potentially. Might be kind of odd, and personally I wouldn't want a fish that just lived in the bathroom, but it is not a horrible tank.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #28 
Akito38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
Inga: Toilet seats or the tanks? The toilet tank is about 2 gallons, so it could work for a betta potentially. Might be kind of odd, and personally I wouldn't want a fish that just lived in the bathroom, but it is not a horrible tank.
Yeah but when you clean your toilet and bathroom chances are pretty good some nasty stuff could get in that tank.
Akito38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:55 AM   #29 
HatsuneMiku

those tanks are horrible ..

i only like those heart shaped decor in that one picture =D .. i'd put those in my tank
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #30 
CrowntailTwitchy57

yeah, that tank's called the AquaBlock, and is only about 2 pints. I've seen photos and videos, it looks roomy but it is quite skinny from side view...
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote