Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #1 
MadMay

I should feel bad but I dont

Went to petco today I was going to buy fish from a breeder but do to being pregnant my boyfriend and I (mostly him) decided that it would be to expensive. However it turned out well because both males I picked out were miss-marked as veil-tails but they were actual dthm Sloth is white and green dragon marble and Envy is turquoise dragon! Only paid 3.99 my boyfriend picked out a little red vt female named lust. I would post pics but I have no camera : C sorry... Any others bought bettas that were way cheap due to being incorrectly labeled?
MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #2 
Juice

No shame in getting a good deal! I bought a King betta that was marked as a standard and ended up saving a few bucks, sometimes it's to our advantage when lfs employees don't know what they are doing :)
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:28 AM   #3 
emeraldsky

My mustard gas was marked as a female even though he was full grown and his fins were impressive LOL

Saved me a few bucks and he's one of my favorites ^^
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:28 AM   #4 
Kytkattin

I saw a double-tail male in a cup labeled viel-tailed female today. I could have walked out of there with him for $3.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:30 AM   #5 
shinsolo

My Rudolphus was also mis-labeled! I didn't know this till I got him home and was trying to find a picture of him online to show someone what he looked like and had NO luck trying to find something like him. So yes! Pet stores are great for mislabeling. Turns out I saved 4$!
shinsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #6 
Sarahlydear

...I'm not gonna lie my Petco keeps bumping up the prices on bettas and I've bought over 10 from them soooo I switch the lids. I only switch with the dying or dead bettas and I usually don't go lower than half price. It's wrong I know, but they easily have gotten hundreds of dollars from me between 12 fish, 2 snail, 3 chinchillas, and 2 gerbils, so I don't feel TOO bad about it...
Sarahlydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #7 
shinsolo

ohhh switching lids!! Too bad the petco near me has stickers on the bottom of the bowls x.x Just to take one off and switch it would pretty much mean dumping the poor fish upside down. haha
shinsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #8 
fishy friend2

I have never got a mislabeled one before. It is like they check the cups one by one because I saw one with a mislabeled lid but their was writing on their that said it was mislabeled, I actually see this multiple times
fishy friend2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #9 
Sarahlydear

If you put ours in a basket they don't look to see if the stickers match the top...
Sarahlydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #10 
Tikibirds

I have never gotten one cheaper but I did have to pay more for my delta tail. He was marked as a HM. I knew he wasnt a halfmoon but I wanted him anyways. Who knew he would turn out to be so neurotic?? All he does is STARE at me, all creepy like

Quote:
I switch the lids
morally wrong, but also freakin awsome at the same time!
I could probably get away with walking out of walmart with a free betta. The greeters never check for receipts. Not that I WOULD do it, but I could probably get away with it if I did...

Last edited by Tikibirds; 11-04-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote