Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #61 
tlyons01

Well, I am not sure about the shrimp and how they move around, if they stay on the bottom, I would gthink that they do, (aren't able to climb things) so I would bet that they would stay on each side with the bettas. As for snails, I think depending on the type of lid you have, they may be able to get over the divider or around it. I don't know for sure. You should maybe decide what type of snail you are thinking about, and look them up to find their behaviors and look into snails reproducing. I have heard that they can multiply extremely fast, and you don't want more than you can handle!!! On the divider, I found out friday that there are different sizes of holes in the craft canvas that is used when making it yourself, and the smaller the size the bigger the holes. I needed more circulation so I had to get a new sheet after researching it, I found that a 5 count is the biggest (smallest number) that is made. It works much much better than the 7 count I had in there... Let me know when you are ready to get your supplies if you want and I will help you with that. Also, the silicone that I used, is removable. I had to reglue mine... finding things out the hard way is what I am used to!!! How is Thanatos doing? I am sure he is getting prettier each day!
tlyons01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #62 
rocketshipwalker

I have a regular hood on my tank.

I already bought the stuff for the divider.
I only saw two different kinds of plastic mesh, but it looked like they had the same size holes.
I experimented with one, but I cut it a little too skinny so it fell over.
I imagine it would stay better with gravel.

Thanatos is doing great! He's very active. I put a mirror beside his container so I could see him flare. It was so cute!
rocketshipwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #63 
tlyons01

Hello again Rocketship, I haven't been keeping up too well or spending much time here in the forum until a day or two ago. I thought about you and Thanatos and wondered how you guys were doing? How has your journey in betta world been? I would love to see a new picture of your Thanatos!!! I imagine by now you must have him in that 10 gallon, If you have some time, would you mind posting something? Even I have learned a few things since I was answering your questions back in this thread, always something new to learn!! Well, hope to hear out of you! :)
tlyons01 is offline   Reply With Quote