Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 05:35 AM   #1 
Abby

visit to LFS *rant and graphic pics*

SOOOOOO i went into DJs aquarium, and found a BEAUTIFUL little vt boy. Oh i didnt buy him because of the following.

OK the males HAVE a large maybe 24 bay display tank, and only 8-10 fish are put into it. the other males are kept in these:

each corner has a hole.

So while i was looking i stacked 4 dead fish on the counter, then pointed out 3 more dead floating in a bubble of fuzz looked like this:

So after that i pointed out a few males in their female tank then pointed out how to sex a fish, pointed out the fin damage on the girls is prob from the males in the tank.

THEN noticed they have the beginings of fin melt through their containers and tank (male display tank)

we you can see WHY i didnt bring home a baby huh

SO then i went to the OTHER decent LFS and drooled over that splotchy boy again only to notice he looks like he has the begining of columnaris and was pineconing a little i was heart broken and the other little yellow and blue tail boy who i also loved looked like he was getting fungus on his tail.

so thats my day!
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:09 AM   #2 
nel3

that white betta looks nasty. i saw a dead betta for the first time at walmart. the others were decent but i know it wont stay like that. the fish was recent and just floating looking at the cup rim.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #3 
Abby

those are not the petstore fish that was an example off google.com

I ALSO should mention the "Reason" the fish are in bad shape is cause the fish chicks been sick.....ITS AN AQUARIUM there should be more fish people. i even offered myself for volunteer days because they are "short staffed"

*EDIT* they were fine friday
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote