Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #11 
betta lover1507

when you said 2.5 inches how big is your male? you male has to be either bigger or equal size, but make sure your female is not to small because he will suffocate her if too small, if to big he is not able to wrap around her and get the eggs (i know somethings XP). that was my problem... well besides conditioning them XP but now i have babies to take care of (i meant fries xP)
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #12 
Sena Hansler

no idea what "tube" ahaha she has stripes as a marking however, and it says "look for stripes" well.... heh? lol. "or look for white tube"....... Hm. I think I will just see that my female gets plump lol.

Also, "feed just bloodworms" I don't feel that is right. Should I just be feeding them both bloodworms and flakes (as I usually do anyways)...anything else?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #13 
betta lover1507

did you mean the white spot under there belly? (for the females)
mine took 1 day because i released her one day, and then after that day they started breeding.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #14 
Sena Hansler

Haha my male matches her size. She is a gentle giant however so she isn't much of a mean thing :p I think two males are her size, one is slightly smaller, and Admiral is an itty bitty
Old 08-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #15 
Sena Hansler

Yeah, they called it a tube (me going, females dont have tubes...but ok...) When I first got her, my male never ever flared at anything. Then he did at her... then for her... and she would just watch.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #16 
Creat

I think I posted this somewhere but conditioning depends on my fish. I usually condition 3 weeks mixing frozen pellets and live food if I can get any. 2 weeks they get water changes and heated water the last week they are in tiny little containers with no water changes no heat but same feeding 3 times a day. Then plop into the water at the same time in the evening no gradual floating in the container to acclimate... shock therapy lol its kinda a new method I have been trying but its working for me OFL recommended the tiny containers with no water changes once for a very picky male and it worked I also tried it on another male and got great results. If you have healthy fish the one week shouldnt harm them.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #17 
betta lover1507

you got to look for bars like this| || |
you could condition them with pellet and blood worms don't feed just blood worms because they will get dropsy (diesease) flakes get them bloated
Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #18 
betta lover1507

i conditioned mines for 2 weeks and the still spawned.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #19 
Creat

blood worms dont lead to dropsy... and dropsy isnt a disease its a symptom of a system shut down... its a common misconception... bloodworms can lead to bloat also and flakes I think are harder to count and dont have good nutritional value
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #20 
Sena Hansler

That's exactly what I thought. It even said for the fry "not to feed only live brine shrimp freshly hatched" so I thought, why feed just bloodworms to the adults? lol. And okay, I'll try watching for vertical lines :) hers is horizontal... which I know means stress but hers is again just her markings =D

I like this site better... at least people know what to do, or have tried something that works =D