Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #1 
DragonFish

Photoshoot: The Spunky New Guy

My first photoshoot since returning to the forum, might as well start out with my newest desk buddy/first purchase in the new house/area. I had noticed him on Tuesday when I went to explore the local Petco, but I didn't have anything ready for a new fish just yet...went back yesterday and he was still there; so of course I had to snatch him up. ;)
I passed up a Lavender Butterfly HM and a couple of Dragon PKs for him.....and my land does he seem happy o.o xD I'm glad I picked him(the others can wait a little while I guess...)

He has a stockyer build then Robin, my other DT, and hes an HMDT so hes got these huge fluffy fins(which I LOVE...its so horrible that Anak, my HM, became such a bad tail bitter Dx I was so upset.)so I expected him to be on the Chill-side(I know you can't judge anything personality-wise in those cups, but I'm usually pretty good about guessing o:), like my big ol' Delta Batman.....
I think this guy could rival Robin in spunky activeness o_o And that, my friends, is really saying something.

Maybe hes just getting used to it all still But I tell ya, hes incredibly spunky and insanely curious; spent all of last night exploring every nook and cranny in his tank at least five times, went crazy over his 'evil twin' when I turned he lights off in my room last night(his tank light was still on; therefore creating a reflection. Quite a few of the pics are from last night xD), this morning he bopped around and watched me for a bit(he LOVES to see what I'm doing, which makes him the perfect desk-mate of course ), and is now over in a corner working on a bubble nest, occasionally peeking over when I move or adjust myself to see what I'm up to now

Excuse my excitement....its been so long since I brought home a new guy, and almsot just as long since I've really had the time to sit back and enjoy my underwater puppies....

Anyway o: I'll shut up and get to the good part; the pics!

The flash+the little LED light in his tank highly his blue/green metallic-y shine...in reality he is more yellow and his butterfly is white with some clear towards the end(I expect that to change later of course). He also has this little 'kink' in the top lobe of his tail, I think you can see it in a couple pics...it just makes his lobe fall over a little bit; its kinda cute actually xD
I may not be much of a yellow/Doubletail person(I'm VERY picky with my DTs and the way they look...)....but those blue eyes of his, that white 'lipstick', that expression...D: He called to me; I couldn't pass him up.
I'm such a sucker for the butterflys/big fluffy fins too, I gotta admit

Anywho...there he is! Enjoy the pic spam! ;D
Updated pics of the other boys to come later!

Last edited by DragonFish; 08-29-2011 at 12:28 PM.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #2 
Creat

*stealz fish and runs like mad*
He is stunning gawd why cant I ever find fish like that from his little blue eyes to his amazing dorsal he is stunning
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #3 
TequilatheBetta

That is amazing. He is so beautiful! I want him hehe :)
Plus you're an awesome photographer :D
TequilatheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #4 
DragonFish

Creat: LOL xD Nuuu! Not my new boy! He needs to keep me company at my desk!
Ask Petco when they get their shipments in?
Petsmart is also now carrying HMs and PKs/HMPKs o: At least where I am they are.

Oh my god, I know! I immediately spotted him, picked his cup up, and was like @_@ MUST. HAVE.
I'm crazy picky with DTs because they can either be...Eh :/(like I usually see in pet stores) or OMGSTUNNINGAMAZING, you know? This guy may not be absolutely show quality AB perfect, but I'd still stick him into that last category o:

TequilatheBetta: Thank you! 8D Hehe, I know, I couldn't leave him; especially when I went in again and he was STILL there. <3 Fate.
And thank you!! (: I'm an amateur photographer, I can only hope one day to do something professionally with photography xD I adore the challenge in taking pictures of animals, especially fish and jumping horses where you have to get the angle/timing just right. ;)
Old 08-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #5 
Creat

Lol I work there so I know when shipments come in but none of ours match how amazing he looks and cant I "borrow" him lol
Old 08-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #6 
DragonFish

o: Awesome! At least you get first pick of the bettas that do come in? xDD
I used to work at an LPS in the fish section before I moved....Getting the first look at the bettas was probably not the best thing for me. *whistles*
I brought home quite a few >.>
*cough*

Nuu xD No borrowing; hes keeping me company!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #7 
Creat

Lolz I try not to look at a shipment for that reason I end up with to many XP
Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #8 
DragonFish

xD I hear ya; I kinda couldn't help it though because our desk was right next to the betta shelf...plus, I was often given the task of helping clean the cups/put away the new fish after they had been given fresh water. They set me up, I swear...
Old 08-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #9 
Creat

lololololol right the evil fish store is after us! the good news is I have managed to sell some of the ones I might want to buy after showing people how to properly care for a betta... favorite question ever "so why does my betta keep dying?" me: "how often do you change the water?" them: "you have to change the water????"
me: X______X
Old 08-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #10 
DragonFish

Ooooooh yeah; been there, done that....and not just with bettas, countless other species of fish as well.
I was a great job though, I LOVED being able to provide proper betta AND general fish care information to people; I felt like a saved the lives of a lot of fish. :)
The store itself was pretty good though; though they sold 'betta setups' and bowls and such, they knew that bettas preferred larger tanks with heat, needed frequent water changes on smaller tanks, knew about cycling larger tanks, and more of the proper information. It wasn't perfect, but it was better then any other store I'd ever been to.
Plus we used API liquid tests, tested the tanks regularly, and did water changes roughly once per week(there were like....200 tanks ranging from 20-200 gallons; each their own separate system).
So it was a pretty good store xD

Theres a little Petland here I'm going to apply to....their fish section has a lot to be desired(it seems they focus mostly on puppies). I hope that I can get a job there, perhaps mainly working with the fish, and keep things clean and do what I do best; debunk fishy myths and give people proper information xD