Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

What type of betta is Admiral?

I have no idea, really. my others I can determine their possible crosses.. but not him :o anyone have an idea? his tail is never flowy... just...how it is in the picture, all the time.
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #2 
Marieukxx

A veil tail
Marieukxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

well, guess he may be... he is young (5-6 months, about 1.25 inches) and not yet got his colors or anything.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #4 
Indyfishy

Definitely a veil-tail =) he looks really skinny, how long have you had him?? Is he eating normally??
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

I have had him for maybe 2 weeks now. He is a bit thin.... Which is why he is in with the babies (balloon molly fry) he is FINALLY eating properly!! he used to take it, spit it out, leave it. Now he decides his life is not horrible in the fry tank, and that there is nothing to sulk-in-the-plant about. He is finally coming out and about - a bit scared of outside movement, but now investigating the babies, eating, and moving :o
Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #6 
Indyfishy

Good, I'm glad that he's eating well! Hopefully he starts packing on the pounds pretty soon!!! Sounds like it's just malnutrition from the petstore, but if he does get any thinner or if his poops are white then it might be internal parasites. But i wouldn't worry about that just yet, just keep an eye on him =)
Old 08-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #7 
DragonFish

Oh yes, definitely a VT.
Its good to hear that he seems to be eating and doing better then when you first got him; he does look a bit worn and skinny. Darn those petstores :/
A couple of months of nice, warm, clean water and good food and you should see a HUGE improvement ;)
Since he is so skinny, it probably wouldn't hurt to give him some extra bloodworms for a little while actually...feeding a little more frequently then just once or twice a week I mean; just to give him some protein and help him pack on a little weight. ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #8 
Sena Hansler

He is being fed twice a day, since the fry get fed twice a day lol. I make sure to have him see the food, and watch to make sure he eats!!! Bloodworms is a definite have, and they all love it. He doesn't, yet. But soon he will I am sure!!

Him, an orange, and a few others, plus the remaining females (too small, and not active) were all sad looking... Him I got, and noted his bent spine so they gave him over half off, and then after got the two healthy males.

Wish Admiral luck :o
Old 08-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

And his poop is the color of his food :) which is a good sign!!!! before he was not even pooping, so he was quarantined, and fasted. Now he is getting much better...
Old 08-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #10 
Indyfishy

Sounds like he's in good hands!!!! The bloodworms will definitely help him pack on the pounds, along with pellets that are high in protein. If he starts getting hesitant to eat again, you can soak his pellets in garlic juice, bettas find garlic irresistable =)