Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #11 
Pataflafla

That sounds like a good plan. hopefully he won't expect blood worms all the time afterwards. My female got addicted and is in the process of switching back to pellets as a regular diet.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #12 
Gizmothefreaky

I wouldnt mind feeding them all or mostly bloodworms, they are pretty cheap and even with twelve bettas a package lasts several months. lol Probably better for them than the pellets anyway.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #13 
Gizmothefreaky

Dont want to double post, but Twitch seems to be in shock... He has no interest in food and is laying on the bottom of his cup breathing heavily, he also is reluctant to move his pectoral fins at all and seems very stiff.

I lost Pickle to the very same decoration, apparently the plug i had in it fell out. I threw away the cave... I cant believe this is happening... Twitch is my favorite boy, please dont die...
Old 08-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #14 
Pataflafla

All I can recommend is to keep his water level low, keep it warm, and keep it dark. Hopefully he'll come around and return with a vengeance.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #15 
Gizmothefreaky

Twitch has perked up this morning and seems to be moving much more freely. I hope he keeps this up.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #16 
Pataflafla

I hope he will too. Just keep his environment very relaxing and he should hopefully get better in no time.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #17 
jman828

Like others have said AQ salt and stress coat along with high protein foods. Glad to hear he's acting better :)
jman828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #18 
Gizmothefreaky

These are graphic... But here are better pictures of Twitch's wounds... I have noticed that he is also missing half his pectoral fin on the pictured side, as well as a bunch of scales...

I have him in 1tsp/gal, and every time i change out his water he acts as though its the end of the world... I am keeping him and the replacement water at room temp, which is holding pretty steady at 78-80... it is very hot in my house.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #19 
Kytkattin

Could you please post a picture of the decoration that did this? With good water your boy should be fine. Best wishes for quick healing!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #20 
Gizmothefreaky

It was a cave that i had made from a flower pot, not one of the terra cotta ones, but a plastic one. I plugged the hole after another fish did this very same thing and passed away before i could find him. (the boy in my avatar... RIP Pickle ) Apparently though the plug had fallen out and i didnt notice right away, as it was in the back of the tank.