Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #1 
rebeckah

help, got a new betta and I am not sure what to do with this case

ok I go to walmart I see a betta I buy it to gave it a good home, and over the years I have had sevel, my newest mebers are Ghost and Scarlet, and SinBaddy and Mayvary, which I had some promblems with Sinbaddy at first but he is awesome know.
but here where I am stumped I enjoy watching people taking care of betta the lest in the stores the better, though they are not hard fish to take care of I was throwed back today when I decovered my sister in law brought a betta six months ago and hasn't changed his water or feed him right, I brought the poor thing home, and know this is were I am stumped, I am used to just fixing up a tanking letting my little buddy float weather in their contanter, or the bag,
but his water is brown, and his plant that I think might be green is black, I fixed up a tank but left anoth room to add him and his water or should I just put him into the clean water{That has been treated} and pray there nothing realy wrong with him, he looks so bad right know in that water but I don't want to shock his little stystem from going from nasty to clean
please help
rebeckah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #2 
beautiful Betta

ok what you need to do is acclamatise him gradually, transfer him to a cup that will float in your clean tank, let the water in the cup get up to tank temperature. Should take about 15 mins, check with your finger in the cup and tank. Once the temperature feels the same poor a small amount of tank water in the cup leave 10 mins and repeat process, if the cup is getting full start tipping the liquid out of the cup. into another container, do not poor it into the tank, you want to add tank water to the cup at least 3 times repeating the above proceedure, and I would continue until the cup is clear, once clear leave to sit again the 10 mins.Then gently tip the cup mixing tank and cup water and let him swim out. If you clean up his decoration you may be able to still use it.
Good luck and let us know how you do.

Last edited by beautiful Betta; 03-03-2014 at 09:52 PM.
beautiful Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #3 
rebeckah

thanks I am going to try that and thank you
Old 03-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #4 
beautiful Betta

Your welcome, and let us know how you go.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #5 
rebeckah

I had an old walmart betta tank thing that they come in and put him and the water in that I think he might be a vail but his fins look like they are rotted I am going to get him into the new tank so I get a better look at him, is there a something I can use to get his fins better
Old 03-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #6 
beautiful Betta

ok when he is in the tank take a picture and post it, his fins are probably affected by ammonia burn and such, so good clean water might be all that is needed.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #7 
beautiful Betta

oh just to add, when you are ready to release him in the tank tip as much water out of the container as possible into another container not the tank, and then mix tank water with small amount left in container and let him swim out freely.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #8 
rebeckah

ok well do, I am worried a little I have two other males, and have sevel , but never with the damage it looks like he has, I have double half moon and a clown tail I think that's what he call, and I never seen one this bad even when I brought my moon tail one he was swimming on his said thanks to the bladder thingy
Old 03-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #9 
beautiful Betta

don't panic and once he is free take some pictures and post and we can advise.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:54 AM   #10 
Warhawk

Good luck with your new guy. And great advice beautiful betta!!
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote