Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #11 
Bloeduwedd

In my case, the Animal Jungle I got him from is notorious for putting these bettas in woefully small and cramped vases and just leaving them, barely caring for them. I had to drag two employees over to change one "setup" because the plant in it was completely rotted. I'm talking brown as dirt, cloudy water... nasty. I almost bought that little guy too :(
Bloeduwedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #12 
LittleBettas

Wondering if our boys are of similar colors:

and UG to the stupid store... seriously...a decaying PLANT!!!! >=(
I REALLY am begining to hate stores
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #13 
Bloeduwedd

They might be... your pictures are about as fuzzy as mine lol. Mine has a light pink body with darker, almost purple, fins. If he lives I think he'll be pink and purple <3 And I'll give him a girl name, just because I can't give a boy name to a pink fish XD
Old 08-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #14 
LittleBettas

Lol, same color as my boy!!!

His name is Shoebox :)

Edit:
Yeah, my cameras are all taken with my cell phone, I have no other camera, light has to hit it just right from three different sources to come out descent...
Old 08-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #15 
Bloeduwedd

I was thinking Rose (like the wine) but I dunno. Waiting to see 1: If he even survives, and 2: What color he ends up being. With F1, fungus boy, I think I'll name him Marshmallow if he lives, because he's white, and the fungus makes him look a bit fluffy XD
Old 08-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #16 
LittleBettas

Aw, Rose is cute..I always try to name my bettas pronto, normally cause they are sick when I get them and I hate the idea of them dieing nameless....

I <3 the name Marshmellow.... my favorite shelte dog was named that :D
Old 08-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #17 
Bloeduwedd

I don't want to name them unless they survive, because once I name them I get attached :/ I've already resigned myself to their deaths, but to do my best to save them. I don't want to get too attached, yet.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #18 
LittleBettas

Yea, it would probably be easier, but after volunteering at a kill shelter for 5 years, I hate seeing anythingdie without a good meal and a name, I always feel that if all else fails, its the least I can do to remember them
Old 08-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #19 
Bloeduwedd

Not saying they won't be remembered. Just that I feel it's in my best interest to keep from getting *too* attached, in case they do pass. But so far they seem to be okay... F1 aka Marshmallow is at the top of the tank now, and will randomly dart around. He won't respond to my finger on the tank though :/ And F2 Seems to be moving a bit more. I'm checking both hourly for signs of improvement or decline.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 AM   #20 
Hisaki Yuki001

Awwww...... Poor little guys. *Wants to cry after looking at pics.* I know that it's uncertain if they'll pull through or not, but I wish you and them the best and sending prayers your way for them to both make a full recovery. Thank you soo much for taking the time to step up to that store and bringing these guys under your care, and giving them a chance at life and a possible happy home.

I would suggest that if you can't get F2 to eat anything, try getting Baby brine shrimp. I had a really sick Betta like that once that wouldn't touch anything at first until I got brine shrimp. I would feed him freshly hatched Baby brine shrimp as well if you can. This should help give him the extra nutrients he critically needs and hopefully have his feeding instinct kick in when he sees them. Like I said, I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted please.
Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote