Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #21 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloeduwedd View Post
Not saying they won't be remembered. Just that I feel it's in my best interest to keep from getting *too* attached, in case they do pass. But so far they seem to be okay... F1 aka Marshmallow is at the top of the tank now, and will randomly dart around. He won't respond to my finger on the tank though :/ And F2 Seems to be moving a bit more. I'm checking both hourly for signs of improvement or decline.

Im sorry, I wasnt trying to say you wouldnt remember them, I dont think you can ever forget to pretty guys ike them
I was saying, after volunteering at kill shelters for so long, where the dogs and cats are known by a number, I feel better naming my pets, even if I know there i a high chance of them diein

I just added tannis to Shoebox's water this morning, itseems to have perked him up a lot.
Hopefully F1 and F2 start improving, they are both going to be gorgeous :)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #22 
Luimeril

it's hard to NOT get attached, even to sick fish. when i rescued Remy from walmart, i was automatically attached. when he passed two days later, i was devastated.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #23 
Bloeduwedd

Neither of them survived the night :( Poor little guys... I'm sending those pictures attached to letters to the corporate offices of Animal Jungle and Petco, because it's ridiculous that these poor little guys had to suffer like they did T.T
Bloeduwedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:38 PM   #24 
Luimeril

poor little guys. D: they didn't HAVE to end up like that, and we all know that. sadly, pet stores rarely care. they're just things they use to make money. D: take them back, demand your money back, and rant like there's no tomrrow about the condition of the others! Dx
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #25 
LittleBettas

:( Im sorry, Iwas really rooting for the little guys.
I agree with Luimeril, raise all hell and email the pictures to as many people as possible
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #26 
Silverfang

sorry to hear they didn't make it. At least they spent their last hours in a good home.
I agree, make a complaint with head quarters/corporate. That was unacceptable conditions
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #27 
Bloeduwedd

I'm not sure if I'll take Thing 2 (I started calling them Thing 1 and Thing 2 last night, decided I'd name them that after all lol) back to Animal Jungle because I knew he probably wouldn't survive because of the condition he was in. I do intend to raise hell with corporate though. As for Thing 1, I already took him back, and the manager apologized half a dozen times. She also went over immediately to check the rest for fungus and other problems.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #28 
EverythingNice55

Oh wow! He is a poor little guy! I'm glad that you got him! Poor guy. He barely has ANY fins at all! Nice save!
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #29 
Bloeduwedd

I just wish he had lived :(

But after I returned Thing 1, I decided to stop by Petsmart to get a new thermometer (they have the cheapest suction cup ones in my area) and found a little girl who's having swim bladder issues. Had to rescue her. So she's in the completely sterilized 1 1/2 gallon tank with Epsom salt and Stress coat. She's already having an easier time swimming :) I think she'll be yellow, but I'm not sure yet... she's still pretty pale :(
Old 08-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #30 
Hisaki Yuki001

I'm so sorry to hear that they passed on. Sorry for your lose. I'm thankful you were willing to give them a chance at life in the end even though it was to late for them. I'm sure even though their visit with you was very short that they knew and felt the love you gave them and loved you for that. I'm glade they had a chance to at least pass on with decency and with someone who cared for them, even though it was a short time they were with you, instead of being all alone and unloved/uncared for in the hands of a neglectful store. I don't even understand how some people don't see living creatures like fish as a precious life that needs to be respected and well cared for.

I wish you the best though for your new little girl.
Hisaki Yuki001 is offline   Reply With Quote