Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #11 
BINYANG

Wink hmmm

just go to petco and buy the betta care water u wont need conditioner or anything
BINYANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 PM   #12 
guardianfyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINYANG View Post
just go to petco and buy the betta care water u wont need conditioner or anything
That's the expensive route to go. $3.79 for 33.8 oz (0.26 gallons) when I can get a bottle of water condition that will treat 4730 gallons (605,440 oz) for a little over double the price? Not for me. I'm frugal.
guardianfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #13 
HatsuneMiku

prime cost $2.99 for the tiny 50ml (which is 1000 drops) bottle and treats 500 gallons of water .. 2 drops per gallon ..

and it detoxifies nitrite and nitrate and ammonia .. on top of chlorine and chloramine .. then as a bonus it adds slime coat too ..

@_@ how they fit all that in 2 drops of water conditioner is beyond me .. it's cheaper and it works so it's all good =D
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #14 
cherrybello

I managed to find some prime! Only 150mls, but it'll last me a long time!
cherrybello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #15 
MaggieLynn

+1 for stress coat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will always use it! 10 for a decent size bottle and you can do more with it besides condition tap water
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #16 
MaggieLynn

Quote:
most of us on here have our bettas in 2.5 or bigger tanks. with some exceptions, petco wouldnt have enough for one of my tanks. I have 2 10 gal 2 5 gal and a 3.5. It is less expensive to buy water conditioner. for a bottle of stress coat you could condition the same amount of water as in those bottles way more than ten times over. those bottles are just a marketing scheme, people think bettas are happy in tiny containers and so they sell you a bottle of water that is just enough for that container so each water change you go back and buy more bottles

The only thing I can see them good for is water changes for a QT
Old 09-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #17 
HatsuneMiku

you don't even need that for water changes in a qt ..

you can get the treated freshwater in those tanks at LFS .. for 20 cents a gallon .. i don't know why anyone would pay nearly 3.00 for a bottle of water that's marketed towards bettas .. unless money growing on a tree in ur backyard ..

and i'm starting to think that guy posted that comment just to troll us .. but it's just my opinion
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:17 AM   #18 
MaggieLynn

i agree, it seemed odd that someone from this forum would recommend the bottled water . That just seemed off to me. For my qt's I just use alil stress coat in the water then add aq salt or what ever else I was using to treat with. I was just trying to justify a reason for buying it, but personally I think its a waste of money, just a gimmick. Apparently some petstores use it and that is why they dont change the water as often, because of who expensive it is to use that stuff
Old 09-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #19 
nel3

Quote:
ive tried that also. the friend i got it from said it should last several months. he did 100wc once a week (5ml/half gallon in a 60ml bottle). i did WC like im supposed to and a bottle was good for a week or 2. i got prime and stresscoat. i dont mind either but i do use stress coat when theres fin damage or acclimation. dot often use prime but i havent forgotten it.

lol shouldve read the complete page before posting.

Last edited by nel3; 09-04-2011 at 03:42 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote