Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #1 
Marieukxx

tempted by a HMPK male but what are they like?

I have a new tank est up for another male. I love the long fins of the males and was thinking of getting a crowntail or veiltail. Then I came across a stunning pink HMPK male online and now I don't know what to do.

If a HMPK male is just like a female looks wise and size wise then there isn't much point I don't think. What are they like in reality? Anyone here got any?

This is the one I like:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pink-Red-M...58615863151685
Marieukxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #2 
Luimeril

i have two. :3 one male, one female. Theo.... isn't a good example of HMPKs. being partly blind, i think he's calmer than any other betta. o.0 but, Chappy, my female, is full of spunk. they're just like any other betta, but all three i've had(i had a white male in the past, but he passed away last 4th of July from an unknown illness), were pretty calm. Weiss rarely flared, but was SUPER interactive with us(he only flared at my brother! xD it was so cute!). Chappy's really active, and spunky, but doesn't flare too often. and, of course, Theo never flares, but he's a special case.

i, personally, love HMPKs alot. all the beauty and personality of the HM, without the fin issues. they get bigger than Veiltail females(imo and ime), and are NOT like females at all! lol as for looks, they're not like females at all. their fins get bigger, they have the beard of the males, ect. they're like HMs, only with short fins. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #3 
Tikibirds

Oh wow. I have a female that looks almost exactly like that one, minus being female and the fact she is a VT ( i think?)
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #4 
Marieukxx

Thanks for the advice. They have fantsay ones too if you look at their stock I couldn't decide. A fantsay or the pink?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #5 
Marieukxx

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fantasy-Ma...item415cec006f

I'm not sure which too go for
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #6 
Luimeril

that fantasy one's lovely~! <3 i like him more than the pink one, personally! i wonder if the pet store i buy from can get HMPKs that aren't white.... as much as i love my Theo, i want another HMPK with color. lol
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #7 
Marieukxx

it's so hard to just piick one. She has a fw different fantasy ones. I just don 't know which to pick. She also has this lighterr pink:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pink-Red-M...item415cec0f39
Old 08-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #8 
BlakbirdxGyarados

I'm sort of liking the very first one. I almost never see any as pink as he is.

I used to have a female with a vibrant metallic blue sheen.... but being a chameleon, the blue changed based on her mood, lol... (I could easily tell when she was angry at another fish or thrilled that it was feeding time.) Man, I wish I could find another betta with her beauty and personality, but I never saw anyone to a closer vibrance as that HMPK you first showed us.

By the way, I love HMPKs. I have two; Eli the White Pearl Fighter and Ninja the black-copper dragon. Eli's a ham... with an extremely large mouth. Everytime he sees me, he does that... licking the glass thing that bettas do when they see us looking at them, and with him I can see into his mouth and down his stomach. X__x But he spazzes so much when he sees me, it's just plain cute. He used to be half blind, though after at least three or four months, his eye's a lot clearer... still having trouble seeing, though, but knows how to use his good eye.
Ninja (who I am currently selling and may already be sold) loves being seen as well. At first it took a while for him to warm up to me, though. (He came direct from Thailand, he might also have been just getting used to the new place and new water... Yes, I did acclimate him correctly.) But after that, he really showed personality. He'll swim in circles through two-sided caves, hunt for baby snails, slither through his silk plants... as he's in a different tank because the last tank needed a bad hand-cleaning, he's got hairgrass to slither through. I think HMPKs are more about exploring their surroundings, though... all teh ones I've ever had and work with are like that. (Of course, I don't blame the pet store betta fish who look at what's around them rather than in with them.)
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #9 
Marieukxx

Thanks I think my heart is set on the first one. I missed a green dragon she had which was stunning. He would have defo been a keeper. Here he is:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-Drag...item415ce8c93f
Old 08-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #10 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Woah... I'm a sucker for any dragon already, but that one... Wow.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote