Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #11 
Laki

lol I guess I read your post the wrong way :P I love blue bettas!! :D And I agree, red eyed whites are very personable animals. Especially New Zealand White rabbits. They were bred as lab animals and for human/animal consumption so many diseases have been bred out of them yet my small animal rescue is ridden with them :( Sorry!! That was off topic!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #12 
Silverfang

he looks a bit bloated to me, and his eyes seem "buggier" than normal (if that makes any sense). I agree with previous advice, clean water, TLC, and epsom salt to help (it's good for both bloat and pop eye!)
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #13 
GreenTea

K thanks guys. He looks better already. I got some betta revive and es, apparently I was out. I hope after I get him healthy he can find a forever home with someone here =]
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:57 AM   #14 
Tikibirds

Poor guy...

hope you get him all fixed up
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #15 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
K thanks guys. He looks better already. I got some betta revive and es, apparently I was out. I hope after I get him healthy he can find a forever home with someone here =]
I just realized your down in Vancouver WA....I lived up in Snohomish until a couple of weeks ago xD
If I was still there, I may hve ofered to take him when he was better. o: I'm a little far away now...xD I hope you can find him a good home!
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #16 
GreenTea

Thanks Dragonfish, I add the the people from WA and always let them know what I'm doing, I have a few guys that need a new home =]

And thanks Tiki, I'm trying.

UPDATE:
His eyes have cleared up completely, and look slightly less absurd. He's a little less bloated. I gave him 1 pellet since he's in medicated water and needs some energy, he's gone through a lot these past few days. His fins are so brittle and pale =[

Also, I got him to "flare" today. It was like he forgot how. He opened his gills, and on one side his beard opened a little, but didnt go down, and I couldn't see the beard on the other side open really. Anyway, since he's done that, HE HASNT STOPPED FLARING! It's so funny. Anything and everything, he's mad at it. He looks like a kid who just discovered how to hit his sister with a stick. I'm hoping that with time and practice he'll get it right, if not, it will just be an endearing trait of his that he doesnt know how to flare.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #17 
Abby

LOL " He looks like a kid who just discovered how to hit his sister with a stick" GOLD!

im late to this thread but no no popeye :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:11 PM   #18 
DragonFish

Awwww, thats so cute! xD I'm so glad to hear that hes doing better, I look forward to seeing updated pics of him later on :D
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #19 
wildflowers

I was searching on Betta Revive and came across your post. I just discovered Velvet on my girl Betta and only was able to do this looking at her at a certain angle, however I then got a flashlight and the gold rust colored sparkle really stood out. In the pics, I see a gold shimmer and since Velvet effects gills first then it seems they could be swollen from this.

Please shine a flashlight asap and see if you can see any gold shimmer on his skin. If caught early you can cure it. It has been 3 days on Betta Revive without changing her water and already the Velvet is diminishing. I suggest you try to see if you can see the gold shimmer with a flaslight in a dark room.

Hope this helps and I will see how you are doing..maybe we can both help each other out here :)
wildflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #20 
GreenTea

No he doesn't have any velvet, I checked =]

I'm glad it's working for you. I have thankfully never had to deal with velvet or ich, I heard it can be a pain in the tush to get rid of. I'm glad betta revive is working for you, it's worked wonders for me, even in really bad situations where I thought I'd lose fish. And you can't beat the price!

He is out of his medicated water now and looking much better!