Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #1 
QueenBetta383

Cool New Breeding Tank Heater! Questions!

Yesterday, after my failed mistake of adding Betta Revive in overdose to my 29 gallon breeding aquarium, and changing the water, which took hours, I finally got it up to 6 inches.
I am planning on breeding my pair of Katashi and Shichi. I got a heater today, and wanted to know if it was bad.
I have a 29 gallon glass aquarium and a 25 watt Top Fin heater. Is this acceptable?
Thanks!
QueenBetta383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #2 
DragonFish

25 watt may be a little small, even if its just a breeding tank...I'd say 50 watt at least.
But hey, if the 25 watt gets and keeps the water warm enough....

Also, something that might make filling up your tanks a little easier....a gravel siphon that attaches to the sink. I got mine a year ago, I love the thing; it makes water changes in general go so much quicker and it was especially helpful in my 50 gallon.
I wouldn't use it when you have fry; just a regular siphon so you can check in the bucket to see if you sucked anyone up.....but you can use it to full up a lot quicker.

Just a suggestion that might help you save some time ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote