Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #1 
CoverMeInClay

These people should be ashamed!!!

I found this as a post from a frienf on FB. Oh my god! These people should be taken out and shot for these things!
http://www.cracked.com/article_19387...-hate-you.html
CoverMeInClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #2 
Amphibianite

UM Clay it is Cracked dot com... its all fake. Most of what cracked does is fake stuff for comedies sake. Also if the products are real they make fun of them to no end. So I do agree if the products on this list are real the people who do them should be shot.
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #3 
Tisia

they were actually talking about pet plastic surgery on the news a few days ago >_< and I've seen some dyed dogs as well, not sure how real the rest are
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #4 
CoverMeInClay

I know the site it making fun of them, but I've heard cases where people had their cats ears pierce. I don't see how some of that stuff wouldn't be looked upon as animal cruelty. I've seen they dying, and ok, that I suppose doesn't hurt them, but I'm sure it's not a fun experience. Nail painting, ok, dorky, but wouldn't harm them unless they went and licked it before it dried, but the things people do. Ug...
CoverMeInClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #5 
Bettas Rule
Banned

It's all in how you look at what constitutes abuse I guess. Some people feel that fixing a dog is abuse because of the pain it causes. Other think even owning a dog is abusive. I think as long as the dog is not being subjected to pain it's probably OK for the most part. Also if I am not mistaken most animal plastic surgery is for practical reasons not for cosmetic reasons.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #6 
fightergirl2710

There was a case in the news of a lady who had a breed of dog that went blind after a certain age because of the folds in their skin coming into their eyes. She got both of them face lifts.. I don't think its bad if its making quality of the dog's life better.
Tattooing animals or getting them pierced sounds terrible though!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #7 
Silverfang

haven't looked at this, but, tattooing of animals is sometimes done for identification purposes. I think with some race horses.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #8 
fightergirl2710

Tattoing for id seems ok but there have been cases of ornamental tattoos on animals. O.o
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #9 
doggyhog

I have painted my dogs nails before. I don't see how that is harming/abusing your pet. Same with dying your pet, as long as it's done properly I see no problem with it. Dyes for Animals are vegetable based and harmless for your pet. I think as long as you are using those things correctly and humanely it is the owners choice whether they want a pink dog or not. LOL

As for plastic surgery and cropping ears, I don't agree with it. Now, it's not like I won't be friends with someone because their dog has cropped ears but I would never do that to MY dog. (Although my dog is a poodle so he would look quite goofy. )

Each to his own though..
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #10 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
There was a case in the news of a lady who had a breed of dog that went blind after a certain age because of the folds in their skin coming into their eyes. She got both of them face lifts.. I don't think its bad if its making quality of the dog's life better.
Tattooing animals or getting them pierced sounds terrible though!
yeah, the thing I saw apparently mentioned stuff like widening the nostrils of smooshy faced dogs to make it easier for them to breathe, so that I'm okay with
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote