Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #51 
freeflow246

Oh I see. Dal breeding sounds like a challenge, and I think that it could be fun sometime in the future. :)
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #52 
LittleBettas

Agreed ^
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #53 
Laki

ok. So I want a dal now!! :P Thanks!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #54 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Nice discussion - great info.

The dal you're discussing is orange with spotted fins - usually a darker shade of red. Orange is hard to maintain as it is and to get the spots (I think) you'd need certain marbling...... I once saw a (what I call) a true dalmation. It was a white dragon with black spots on most of the body (not the head) and fins. Though I haven't seen such orange dal, but I've seen orange dragon dals (usual spots on fins)

I have never worked with dal's and don't know exactly know how they work. But they are possible with dragons. Perhaps if you replace the red with a red dragon then inbreed to parent .... not really sure.

Please share when you breed them.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #55 
Luimeril

i think the orange dals, were the first dals. i've seen the white with black/blue spots, and think it's lovely in a dragon scale.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #56 
LittleBettas

My orange dal passed away this morning, my walmarts current breeder/provider apparently isnt very good as the last 6 bettas (4 of which have assed away) I got from there have been extremelly ill, and I got them the day of or after they came in through shipment, every betta from te last 3 shiments have been extremelly ill, SBD, finrot,or VERY underweight, I have a meeting with the store manager tomorrow and Im going to try to get the breeders contac info

I do still want to find a dal to try breeding though, keeping my eyes out for another
Old 09-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #57 
freeflow246

Aw, I'm so sorry! Hopefully you'll find a nice Dal soon! I'm very glad that my Walmart doesn't sell bettas.
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #58 
LittleBettas

Thank you...
Me to, Im going to keep a look out, but Im going to stay away from my local walmart till they stop with this breeder (though I would prefer they did not sell fish at all)
Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 AM   #59 
DazzleKitty

I actually got my orange dalmation at Wal-Mart. That's where I usually see them. I think I may have seen one or so at Petco or Petsmart, but my local Wal-Mart has actually had a few of them. I actually went in once looking for a dalmation one and the last male they had in stock was a veiltail dalmation. How lucky is that? He's pale orange with dark red spots on his fins. I'll try to get a pic of him if I can. To me, he's both pretty and ugly. I love the spots, but form some reason they remind me of chicken pox. Therefore, he is named Pox. :P

I remember many months ago someone posted a picture of one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL bettas I've seen ever. He was a simple veiltail, but he was a light purple lavendar like color with gorgeous dark purple spots. That person got so lucky to find such a beauty! I know people don't like to breed veiltails but that one would be worth it IMO. I'd definitely take one of those babies if they looked like their daddy.

Last edited by DazzleKitty; 09-12-2011 at 12:46 AM.
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #60 
Laki

People don't like breeding VT?! I looooooove VT!!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote