Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #1 
Bloeduwedd

Question Good enough for a sorority?

So, I recently bought a bunch of new plants, both fake and live, for my 20 gallon tank. I had tossed around the idea of a sorority for a while, but after rescuing Fleur a few hours ago, I've decided I definitely want to turn my big tank into a sorority. I'm not sure if I have enough hiding places though... What do you guys think?

I'm still adding plants, but only like two more, to the back of the tank. And ignore the betta in the middle right, that's Magico. He'll be moved to a new home tomorrow :)
Bloeduwedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #2 
Thunderloon

My main concern would be the stump ornament. It has lots of hidey holes but some of the dumber girls may have trouble with it when they're asleep.
Sleepy betta often just power away towards "up" without ever noticing they've not moved.

A 20 should be more than enough to support a ten girl sorority with a few extra fish around. If those are guppies they'll be fine in with them.

The tetra may take some getting used to.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #3 
Bloeduwedd

I'll keep an eye on them, and if I notice issues I'll take it out and replace it. I don't have any guppies lol, I have tetras, platies, marble hatchetfish, and cory cats. Magico has gotten along with all of them, and they pretty much ignore him, so as long as I manage to get some chill girls I should be okay. Worst comes to worse, I move the tetras into another tank :)
Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #4 
TequilatheBetta

Good luck :) The tank is beautiful.
TequilatheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #5 
Bloeduwedd

Thank you :) I'm going to look for more girls today, my usual shop is getting a shipment in today. I also have been keeping an eye on Magico, because of the concern about the stump.