Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #1 
Silverfang

Sororrity roommates?

Have to take a look at the tank, but if all goes well, I'll have my tank and everything I need (minus the heater and plants) in a few days. A 33 gal.

I haven't decided how many girls to aim for, going to start with 5 and go from there. I was thinking of adding in half a dozen cory cats, but started to wonder if a pleco might be better as a bottom feeder? Aside from that I am hoping to get a colony of shrimp started eventually. I'm just curios if I should add anything else or just aim for about 10 girls and a bottom dweller (either pleco or corys, or maybe both?).

Any advice?
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #2 
Sakura8

What kind of pleco would you get? Common plecos get really, really big. I think 2 feet long so I'm not sure a common pleco would work. But one or even two bristlenose plecos would be great. And cory cats are awesome, too. A school of cory cats is a lot of fun to watch. Any kind of bottom dweller is probably going to need a smooth substrate, either a small and rounded gravel or sand.

I do think you should get either a cory OR a pleco. Plecos can sometimes get territorial and a pleco might not like having cories around.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote