Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 PM   #1 
Foxell

Double 10 gal. stand?

I'm looking for some kind of stand that will hold 2 10 gallon tanks. Does anyone know of any? Preferably something cheaper. I was thinking something that held one on top and one on bottom. I don't have too much room so stacking would be best. Thanks to anyone who can help! :D
Foxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:24 AM   #2 
Gizmothefreaky

I have three on a shop shelf...

I believe it is Penplax brand... but dont quote me on that. XD It holds up very well, the only problem is the bottom two tanks dont leave any room for hoods, so they dont get too much light during most of the day.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #3 
TonyK

Gizmo, thats a nice setup but, how do maintenance on the tank? Doesn't look like you have much room to work with.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #4 
1fish2fish

I have two fish shelves. These ares sturdy units and each shelf holds over 200lbs. I get mine from target. Mine are the 6ft tall ones but I have seen ones's half that height that still can hold that much weight. They're also adjustable so you can make the shelves different heights to be able to fit hoods/lights on each tank and make maintenance easier.

Make SURE when you buy a shelf that the weight limit reads PER SHELF and not for the whole unit. If you read the weight limit and it says something like "200lbs evenly spread" that means the entire unit will hold 200lbs not each shelf.

I highly advise going with a wire/metal or a wood (not particle board!) shelving unit over plastic because usually plastic ones are not sturdy and have a tendency to bow over time (although my metal shelves do too to some extent).
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #5 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Gizmo, thats a nice setup but, how do maintenance on the tank? Doesn't look like you have much room to work with.

Lol, that is the tedious part... To do water changes i actually dismantle the whole thing from top to bottom. Empty the top, set it aside, take off the shelf, empty the middle, set it aside, take off the shelf, empty the bottom, refill, acclimate bettas, release, put on the shelf, fill middle, acclimate bettas, release, put on shelf, fill up the top, acclimate bettas, release, put on hood and plug in. DONE!

LOL, but it is really not a whole lot of work to be honest. Well, for me. The shelf just snaps together, so no tools needed.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #6 
MMAsac
Banned

good question, I have 2 10 gallons im looking to use now instead of my one, and im thinking about building my own tank stand. If I decide to take on the venture I will make a post with lots of pics.
MMAsac is offline   Reply With Quote