Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #1 
Anitax3x

Took the advice of others :-)

Alright, So I was going to have a sorority, but because people advised my against it, and all 3 of the betta's I got from petsmart arrived SEVERELY constipated. I took all of them out of my 10 gallon, and treated them with epsom salt. One was too far gone and lost her equilibrium so reluctantly I returned her. However I treated and brought the other 3 girls back to great health . My Cousin lost a betta after having once for a long time so I brought her one of the girls. She now lives in a big old 3 gallon tank and enjoys life with the love of her new momma. I have a 10 gal and a 3 gal so I put my most antisocial girl in the 3 gal, and my most docile in the 10 gal. The tank had been running for quite some time now, and I did a 20% water change 3 days before. So I put her, 1 cory cat and 2 platies into the tank , starting with the betta, and introduced the others slowly . They've been very good together, she is a really docile betta and doesnt even flare when she sees the other fish. I have no pictures at the moment bc I'm so busy with school starting up. But I just wanted to let everyone know, as my old post I was reluctant to give in, but I listened to everyone and did what was best for my girls. I just didnt have the heart to take them back to petsmart after treating them all for severe sbd caused by constipation. I just couldnt do it . So you will all be HAPPY to know that they are all in great , clean, safe homes and are doing swimmingly lol .
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #2 
Sakura8

Anitax, you did the right thing. :) There's always time to start a sorority in the future but for now, you can get to know your girls and their personalities. That will help you to know which girl will be the dominant/aggressive girl when you DO start that sorority. I hope you keep us updated on how things are going. Good luck!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #3 
Anitax3x

well one i know FOR SURE cant be in a sorority. I believe once I get the funds and space for a 20+ gal tank, I can really do it up with a sorority with tankmates. for now tho, I'm happy with my girls and my tankmates are getting along really well, I think the platy things the betta is an overgrown platy ( she's red) and they tend to swim with each other ( not chasing ) but they tend to mimic each other its the funniest thing to watch lol.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #4 
Sakura8

I'm so glad your girl and your platy get along. My betta girl beat up my platy, even though the platy was twice her size. I finally had to take my betta girl out of the tank and now she's sulking.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #5 
Anitax3x

btw I posted pictures of my girls all back to great health, one used to have stress stripes all down her body , she's now in my avatar ( Flora), the other is in my signature (Ruby) <3
Old 09-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #6 
Anitax3x

in the betta pictures section
Old 09-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #7 
Myates

*Like* =D
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote