Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2011, 11:04 PM   #1 
ilovecherry86

Another fin rot question :( i need help pls!

My concern is that the clear part of it's tail keep on rising up....i don't know if this makes sense but let me try to explane that better since english is not my first language! LOL!..
The clear part of it's tail seems like it is getting longer, and it seems as if the red part is looking alittle less...Is it the fact that it is a very early stage of fin rot, or do there tails grow clear first and then turn in to their natural color????? Also at the very end of the clear part of the fin, there is a black thin line??? like a light black line along the edges...what is that exactly???????????????
ilovecherry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #2 
Sakura8

ilovecherry. First, did your betta lose a large part of his tail a while ago? If so, then you are almost certainly looking at clear, new growth. When they grow back new fins it is clear and the color comes later. If the thin black line at the edge of the tail gets bigger or if he starts to lose big chunks of his tail, then post back and we'll see if we can help.

And don't worry, you did a fine job explaining. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote