Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: To divide, or not to divide.
Yep, divide! 6 66.67%
Nope, not divide! 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #1 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
Smile Divided tank or a whole lot of space.

Hope this is the right place to put this.

I keep flip flopping on whether or not I want to divide my 10 gallon tank. The most pressing issue is the silicone I'd use to secure it with, (Home made divider. :}) but I've pretty much get enough in my kitty bank to pay for it. (Its a bank...in the shape of a cat..Yeah. )

So, do I divide, or do I not divide?
HazelrahLayna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #2 
Foxell

Depends. Is there already a betta that's in the whole 10 gallon? Jango has a 10 gal. to himself because I could never bring myself to allow him to have all that room, and that divide it and let another betta into his palace. But my newer tank will be divided, as it will be an upgrade from what Takeshi and Chai are in now. I just don't like the thought of downgrading the amount of space they have.
Foxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #3 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
Nope, this tank doesn't have any fish at all, or water either, right now. I'm still earning up and trying to figure out all that I need to do/want to do. :)
Old 09-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #4 
iloveengl

I'm torn on the idea. 5g is plenty of room for a happy betta home (and having a divided 10g means you can easily keep a stable environment for both fishies), but seeing a beautiful betta cruising a 10g that's his or her own is great sight, too.

If you do divide, make certain you have something on both sides of the divider that will agitate the water surface (like a small bubble stone).
iloveengl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #5 
TonyK

I voted divide. 5 gallons is plenty of room for a single Betta. But, if you want any sort of tankmates you might not want to divide. That is asomething you have to think about.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #6 
dragonflie

I didn't vote, but wanted to say I was torn for awhile too over whether to keep one in my 10g alone, or divide it. I ended up dividing it, and decorated each side enough that there's plenty to keep both entertained. :) I used the topfin divider from petsmart and all has been well.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #7 
HazelrahLayna7

Haha, glad to see I'm not the only one who was undecided with dividers!

We shall see the out come! Between this poll and my own thinking, I'll be able to come up with something! XD
Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #8 
Sowman

I have a divided 10g and my betta are super happy. I am getting another 10g and plan on putting 1 betta with some other fish.
Sowman is offline   Reply With Quote