Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #1 
LittleBettas

lethargic/depressed?

No matter what the issue ws with a betta I have gotten, by the second day they would be swimming around feriously and wiggling for me...

Well, one of my new guys, Shoebox, acts lethargic/depressed, he lays at the bottom of the QT cup (he was in a 1 gal, but I downgraded since Im worried about him swiming up to the top to get air)
I got hm last night, while his fins aremore relaxed (not all clamped up) he still prefers o sit at the bottom of his cup... he has eaten a bit, but all he really does is pick a the food mostly, Im treating hm for SBD
but he does have ammonia burns

best background story: he has been sitting in a cup at walmartfor a while, old food and poop along with algea litered his cup, not 100% how long he as there since I have been out of town

LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #2 
LittleBettas

Shoebox passed away :(
Old 09-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #3 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry to hear that, LittleBettas. :( Sometimes that nasty water in the cup just does too much damage to be overcome by even the best of care. :( I'm really sorry but at least you gave him a loving home and clean water. Most Wal-Mart bettas die without ever knowing what clean water felt like. You did your best and I know Shoebox was grateful for the time he spent with you. *hugs*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #4 
LittleBettas

Thank you :(
I was really hoping this little guy would make it, Im really dissapointed and I feel bad, I know I did all I could and gave him a nice place to live out his days, but I wish the little guy could have made it :(
Old 09-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #5 
Sakura8

I know. This is the hardest part of rescuing sick bettas from Wal-Mart. Why do we torture ourselves like this?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #6 
aurasoulful

Walmart needs to quit torturing and selling suffering bettas
aurasoulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #7 
LittleBettas

Because there is alays that chance they COULD make it, the CT, Hurricane, I got at the same time has made great improviments, and I dont regret getting Shoebox, Im happy he was able to pass away in clean warm water with room to swim
Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #8 
LittleBettas

Ditto that Aura
Old 09-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #9 
aurasoulful

Passing away in great conditions is better then dying in two drops of what's left of their dirty water. I don't shop at walmart too often.. Seeing those innocent fish trapped like that upsets me.. I wish I had an aquarium room so I can just take them all and try to give them the happier lives they deserve. The way some people disrespects creatures that are smaller then them isn't right. They aren't just fish. They are our fellow Earthlings that supports our world's existence. Every creature and plant are here for a reason.
aurasoulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #10 
LittleBettas

Well said Aura, well said

I wish I could have a fish room, that way I wouldnt have to pick and choose who to take thats sick :/