Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #11 
Marshall

is there any other disease that will cause a fish to sink?
Other solutions if epsom salt doesn't work?
He cant seem to recover to its old self.. What should i do.. NEED HELP!!
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:01 AM   #12 
Marshall

Help!! When i came back home today, i found little tiny worm like creature crawling on my tank wall!! Its very small, white in color and crawls like a worm.
Is this what causing my fish to lose balance in swimming? If so, do i treat my tank with parasite medication?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:32 AM   #13 
Myates

Keep up with the daily 100% water changes while he is in his small container. Poor guy. Epsom should help with any pop-eye, internal parasites and SBD. So I would continue that treatment for now.

Does the worm look like the attached images? If so then it is probably just a Planaria.
Planaria are often found in aquariums with uneaten food. The planaria won't hurt the fish, but they are a symptom of too much gravel containing too much uneaten food, and that is not good for fish. They require a food source, which means there must be excess food wastes in the tank to support them. So it may just be that and not a parasite... which is good news. Just need to up the cleaning of the tank. Was it in the QT tank or in his regular tank? He should still be in QT with the meds if he is still having swimming trouble.
Attached Images

Last edited by Myates; 09-30-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:04 AM   #14 
Marshall

Yes! It looks like the first picture. My tank has no uneaten food, but I do have some rotten plants bits thou. Glad tat its not harmful to cotton(my betta). Hhahaa. I have clean uo my tank now, hopefully it won't return again. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #15 
Myates

No problem. Keep an eye out though, and lets see if another member comes on with another idea. I don't want to say it's parasitic since unsure if they move away from their host.. so for now, definitely water change and keep an eye.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #16 
EverythingNice55

Ohh. I hope he gets better soon!
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illness, sick, swim, unable, upright