Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #1 
Hikari

I found an awesome 5 gallon tank but...

It didn't come with a lid or hood for it! That's the only thing that kept me from buying it on the spot! It was $20, that's $5 more than what I paid for his 2 gallon bowl! It's a Marineland brand which I was surprised to see since no other pet stores around here carry that brand. I would have loved to get that tank, but for a larger opening on top, I would prefer to have some kind of lid for it. That store didn't sell hoods by themselves, I don't know if any store does. :( It would have been the perfect tank otherwise.
Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #2 
BabyBoyBlue

If you are going to spend close to $30, Walmart was selling the Aqueon 10 Gallon Aquariums, comes with hood/light, filter.

Depends on if you have room, and if your Walmart is also selling them for that price.
BabyBoyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #3 
Hikari

I wouldn't have room for a 10 gallon, but that's definitely a good price! But I doubt any Walmarts around here would sell them. They really have very little selection of aquariums. Even the regular pet stores don't have much of a selection when it comes to tanks 5 gallons or less, and the ones they do have are really expensive.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #4 
Fleetwood

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000260GEC

Try this?
I ordered mine yesterday. While it may not be at the price you're looking for I was recommended this tank and it seems to be of good quality. I would get a ten or twelve gallon myself, but like you I have little room.

You may need to fiddle with the filter a bit, but it should be good.
Just a suggestion. My shipment is due on the sixth. If you'd like I'll pm you then and let you know how it's holding up.
Fleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #5 
lordadamar

Dont be scared of Marineland, it is a top notch brand, most places do not carry them because there price reflects it...

Fluval is another brand that gets higher prices but I can tell you that the Fluval Ebi Nano tank is awsome quality for the price...

http://www.petsolutions.com/storefro...ShrimpKit.html

And the foot print of this is great for 8 gallons and it includes everything you need except fish.. and great money saver when you start adding things up...
lordadamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #6 
Hikari

That looks like an excellent tank, but I'm in Canada and the seller doesn't ship here. There was one seller that did, but the shipping price was just too expensive. I'm going to the city next week, and if I can't find what I'm looking for, I guess I'll have no choice but to order online.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #7 
Hikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordadamar View Post
Dont be scared of Marineland, it is a top notch brand, most places do not carry them because there price reflects it...

Fluval is another brand that gets higher prices but I can tell you that the Fluval Ebi Nano tank is awsome quality for the price...

http://www.petsolutions.com/storefro...ShrimpKit.html

And the foot print of this is great for 8 gallons and it includes everything you need except fish.. and great money saver when you start adding things up...
I think Marineland is a good brand too, but it's hard to find around here. I only found that one tank, and I would have gotten it if it had a lid, or if I could buy the lid separate. It seems like there are no good small tanks with lids in Canada, at least none around where I live.