Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #1 
MarinePsycho

My two new betta fish!

Here are the two pictures of my new betta fish. One is a male and the other is a female, sorry for the blurry pictures, I was using a phone xD, also could someone tell me their color and fin type?
Attached Images

MarinePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #2 
Indyfishy

They're beautiful, I love the male!!!! They're both veiltails, and the mail is a multi-color =) I can't tell for sure what color pattern the female is from the picture but i think she's a solid blue with red wash.
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #3 
MarinePsycho

Oh, I'll try to get a better picture of her later.

Last edited by MarinePsycho; 09-02-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #4 
MarinePsycho

Thank you. I did notice that the male was a veiltail from researching online. Also I might want to breed them in a couple of months and I was wonderig what the outcome would be if they bred, also the female is purple.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #5 
Indyfishy

Awesome, purple bettas are rare!!!!!! I'm really not the person to ask for breeding, as i've never done it before, so if you want to know more about it then you should start a new thread in the breeding section. However, I can tell you that breeding is most definitely not for beginners. It takes months of preperation and conditioning of both the male and the female, along with live food cultures for both the parents and the fry. The parents might not be receptive to breeding so fighting could happen once you put them together, and you would have to deal with that. Then, if they do breed, and you do have fry, then you have to do the painstaking job of feeding them live food, siphoning out all the debris without sucking them up, and changing their water everyday once their jarred. Then you have to find them homes, which may not be an easy task if you get almost a hundred of them (it's possible). If they're born deformed, or if you simply can't sell them, then you might have to cull them (euthanize). It's a serious business, and it definitely requires alot of thinking to do. Make sure you do tons of research if you're positive that this is something you want to do. As far as the outcome, the fry would all be veil-tails and most would be multi-colored =)
Old 09-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #6 
MarinePsycho

Wow, that all seems complicated xD, for me culling would be easy and finding them homes are easy since I could give it to my LFS. But I'm still in no rush, just wanted to know the outcome :3 thank you for telling me all that info. They're really rare? epic! xD
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #7 
MarinePsycho

Ok heres a picture of the female!
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #8 
Indyfishy

true purple is rare, yes =) Just make sure that you talk to the people at your local fish store before you even start breeding, to make sure that they will take them. Sometimes they have their own suppliers that they are loyal too, and won't take anymore on XP Even if they don't, just make sure that they want bettas to sell.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #9 
MarinePsycho

Ok, I'm going to read alot before even trying to breed. Theres a clear picture of the female above. She looks like a light purple.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #10 
Indyfishy

Good idea! read alot, and definitely ask for advice from people on the forum in the breeding section, there are some veryyyy knowledgable people on here!!! Experienced breeders are a wealth of information for beginners =) She definitely does have a purple sheen to her, she's beautiful!!! I'm sure that their babies would be very pretty =D