Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #1 
PitGurl

Sucked through siphon! Help!

My DTPK girl was just sucked though the siphon and it tore off one of her pecs! I was being so careful too. She was just too curious and got too close. She's listing sideways. She's a big girl and it was a tight squeeze. I'm going to put her in QT with some AQ salt and oak leaf tannins. Anyone able to suggest anything else. I feel so bad .
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #2 
PitGurl

Nevermind...

I feel like a dork, lol. Her fin is still there . She just wasn't using it and because of it's color I couldn't see it. Ok, disaster averted. I'm still going to keep her in QT though cuz it looks like she lost a few scales.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #3 
Silverfang

That's the best thing to do for her, perhaps make the water level a bit lower incase she has any trouble getting for air. The only other thing is keep it dark and quiet, and hope she recovers.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #4 
TonyK

I did the same thing. What I did was left him in his tank and did daily partial water changes for a week. If she is swimming fine I wouldn't put her through the stress of a QT tank.
TonyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #5 
Sakura8

I did the same thing so you are definitely not alone, Pitgurl. Sucked my halfmoon right up. Looked down and saw him spinning around in the bucket and about died on the spot. Keep her in QT if she's not stressed in there but move her out if is, like TonyK suggests. Warm water and maybe some Stress Coat if you have it to help her heal the missing scales. Good luck and I'm glad her pectoral is okay. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote