Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #1 
zinfandoll

water conditioner vs betta water conditioner

What is the difference between a water conditioner and one specifically called betta water conditioner? Same brand.
zinfandoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #2 
DragonFish

I'm fairly certian there is no difference; its more of a marketing thing. The 'Betta Conditioner' just comes in a smaller container, playing into the unfortunate common practice of keeping bettas in small unheated bowls.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #3 
guardianfyre

The difference is in the concentration of the chemical. Example: Betta Water Conditioner takes 5mL to treat 1 gallon of water. Regular Water Conditioner takes 5mL to treat 10 gallons of water. Pond Water Conditioner takes 5 mL to treat 50 gallons of water. Same chemicals, but the Betta Water Conditioner is diluted way, way down.
guardianfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #4 
Mersy

I don't think that you should use ether. Personally I use Amaquil and Novaqua, they smell but they work better than anything else.
Mersy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #5 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianfyre View Post
The difference is in the concentration of the chemical. Example: Betta Water Conditioner takes 5mL to treat 1 gallon of water. Regular Water Conditioner takes 5mL to treat 10 gallons of water. Pond Water Conditioner takes 5 mL to treat 50 gallons of water. Same chemicals, but the Betta Water Conditioner is diluted way, way down.
Ahh, so it IS diluted. Interesting....I always suspected that, but I never got around to actually reading the backs of them(I just use regular Seachem Prime myself).
I always thought that it was either diluted, a marketing thing, or both....I suppose its both somewhat, since its diluted you need to by more more frequently xD
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #6 
cherrybello

I used to use Water Ager when I first got my betta (water conditioner that removes nasties in the tap waters... they are sold in Kmart here), and switched to Betta water conditioner right before I posted first question on this forum because my betta was a rescue and very sick. So I think I'll just stick with water ager or some other water primer once I run out... because the betta water conditioner is twice more expensive...
cherrybello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #7 
jman828

Same, betta is just diluted. Personally I suggest Prime by Seachem it is super concentrated and has many feautures all others lack
jman828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #8 
Kytkattin

+1 vote for Prime!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:05 AM   #9 
HatsuneMiku

+2 for prime =)
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #10 
ollief9

1 vote for Stress Coat. Best water conditioner money can buy as it also adds stuff which reduces stress and helps prevent disease.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote