Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #21 
Silverfang

Woah? Female for a 1$? .... Please don't be in Canada, lease don't be in Canada....
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #22 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
Woah? Female for a 1$? .... Please don't be in Canada, lease don't be in Canada....
LOL I know, right? I felt triumphant that I had made it past the last phase of betta jonesing I went through, but this might push me over the edge.

You know..I could just go set up one of my tanks....and THEN decide........

OO OO! I have an idea. My man is going over to my mom's to cut her grass. I could just..you know, have one here waiting for him when he gets back, and give it his name (Daniel), maybe then he will forgive me LOL.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #23 
Sakura8

MarinePsycho, I'm glad the girl is doing well and acting happy. :)

Dragonflie: It costs less to buy and maintain a betta than it does to buy a package of cookies. Almost all the costs of a betta are one-time purchases. :) Also, since you already have everything, a new betta would cost you at most $6.00 (including tax). Package of cookies? $3-$5 every week. :D Dunno, the argument seems pretty clear to me.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #24 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
MarinePsycho, I'm glad the girl is doing well and acting happy. :)

Dragonflie: It costs less to buy and maintain a betta than it does to buy a package of cookies. Almost all the costs of a betta are one-time purchases. :) Also, since you already have everything, a new betta would cost you at most $6.00 (including tax). Package of cookies? $3-$5 every week. :D Dunno, the argument seems pretty clear to me.
LOL I am going to show him this post. I'm sure he will thank you for it. NOT! Meh, in any case, once in awhile I add some Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream to my grocery list. Maybe I'll get him an extra today and that will soften the blow. ;) And as much as he probably hates to admit it, he loved having a living room betta in the past. My community and 10g divided tank are both in the dining area so we don't get to see them all the time.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #25 
Sakura8

I love your idea of naming the new betta after him and then getting Ben and Jerry's on top of it. It'll make him think he got the better end of the deal.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #26 
LaLaLeyla

:c
no sppppppppppppppppppppppppaaaaaaaaaaace
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #27 
dragonflie

uh ohs......

Someone has got a new delta tail...and in this light it looks like a dragon....and it's got a lovely blueish green body and crimson tail...

no pics yet he's still acclimating.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #28 
Sakura8

Did you remember to get the Ben and Jerry's to sweeten your man up before you show him the new delta?

Can't wait for pics.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #29 
Tisia

I got a new itty bitty "halfmoon."
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #30 
dragonflie

Hehe, well I haven't done that yet. He is still at my mom's helping her with yard work, so I called and warned him we had a new friend.

He'll get over it. ;)

I can't wait for pics either! I am going to have to judge this one's behavior first though. His cup was on the dirty side :( and he is a bit more shy than I'm used to. Wasn't much of a mad flarer, you know; he seemed more disturbed by those next to him than anything else. So right now I'm doing the turkey baster acclimation with teeny amounts of water, and then going to see how interested he is in exploring before I get near him with the scary camera lol.

Oh, and the fresh water has been perking him up. :) I'm saying a little prayer for him right now. He was doing alot of lying around in the store, but now that he has some more clean water in the cup he keeps trying to swim through the cup and into the tank.

Last edited by dragonflie; 09-03-2011 at 01:14 PM.