Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #41 
dragonflie

LOL I know, 3 weeks...I thought I was over it, but then Sakura had to mention a sale...and I didn't even go to that store! But it pushed me over the edge anyway.

I won't feel better until it's been a good solid week of eating and pooping and playing. I didn't want to give him a full meal yet, as I want to keep him as calm as possible; but I did give him one pellet to see if he was even interested, and he gobbled that up. But I don't plan on feeding him again until tomorrow.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #42 
Sakura8

Hehe, yes, that's me, mentioning sales and tempting people even though I didn't buy a betta myself. ^_^
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #43 
krelda

is this sale for other items like fish tanks and fish food? I had been thinking of getting a bigger tank for my betta and this might be a good time to get it if its on sale
krelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #44 
Sakura8

krelda, if you need a bigger tank, you can go to Petco. They're having their $1 per gallon tank sale so a 20g tank is only $20. Hood is bloody expensive but the tank itself is cheap. I'm not sure when the sale at Petco ends, though.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #45 
teasell

Hi I'm fairly new to this forum been mainly lurking and learning. Wanted to say I am the proud owner of two Bettas today. I have had Ghost now for about 3 weeks a Petsmart find he is a white opaque male supposed to be a halfmoon but his tail doesn't quite make that 180 degree spread but I love the little guyand he's pretty young and has grown a bit since I got him
My second I liberated from Petsmart today. Took advantage of this great sale and got me a lovely little double tail half moon again don't think he's a half moon but he defintely has a double tail and some very rich lovely colors. His body is a shimmery purple and I believe his fins will be a lovely red when he settles in. He's still in his cup but will be in a tank as of tomorrow. Still thinking about a name for this little guy he's just over maybe and inch and a quarter so I would say he must be pretty young also. Can't wait to see how he developes

Oh by the way I am Teasell's mom. Lynne
teasell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #46 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Well, I don't live near a Petsmart... (the nearest one is an hour away, which is WEIRD, considering the city I'm in...) but I did get a new halfmoon. >>

Pleasenoonejumpme, he's a gift for someone, I'm not taking him as a replacement for Ninja. o o;;;;
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #47 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by teasell View Post
Hi I'm fairly new to this forum been mainly lurking and learning. Wanted to say I am the proud owner of two Bettas today. I have had Ghost now for about 3 weeks a Petsmart find he is a white opaque male supposed to be a halfmoon but his tail doesn't quite make that 180 degree spread but I love the little guyand he's pretty young and has grown a bit since I got him
My second I liberated from Petsmart today. Took advantage of this great sale and got me a lovely little double tail half moon again don't think he's a half moon but he defintely has a double tail and some very rich lovely colors. His body is a shimmery purple and I believe his fins will be a lovely red when he settles in. He's still in his cup but will be in a tank as of tomorrow. Still thinking about a name for this little guy he's just over maybe and inch and a quarter so I would say he must be pretty young also. Can't wait to see how he developes

hiya, we love pics on this site *hint hint* ;) lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #48 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:

If he's still fairly young, his tail probably won't appear/flare out to look like a HM's until he's older... I'd say about 3-6 months after you get him? It depends on how fast he develops.

Also, welcome to the forum. I second the comment that pics are appreciated. ;D (Helps us help you think of names~)
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #49 
Sakura8

Quote:

Welcome to the forum, teasell.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #50 
teasell

Thanks to both of you. This is such a great forum and I am learning so much.
Hopefully tomorrow I will be posting some pictures of Ghost and the new little guy. They are such cuties....Lynne
teasell is offline   Reply With Quote