Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #1 
hmckin20

Goliath, the.. dragonscale giant plakat?

PETSMART SALE, I've seen this guy for a while now, never wanted to relent to the $8 it took to buy him. He was $4 today so I scooped him up. :3

His tag has dragonscale betta, but he looks like a plakat too. o: And he is HUGE. Unless all dragons are short finned and monstrous?

I named him Goliath.. it's obviously fitting. xD
poor lighting but he's really blue with a white chin and red accent on his anal fin.
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #2 
MarinePsycho

I have no idea what he is xD. He's beautiful, just because of this picture I'm going to Petsmart tomorrow to buy another betta fish also because they're on sale :3
MarinePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #3 
hmckin20

i don't know either. xD he's a huge mutt maybe.

so pretty much, after i get orlando next week, that's all of the bettas i have room for. :3 THIS GUY'S MY LAST PURCHASE.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #4 
MarinePsycho

Lol I have eight aquariums/bowls with fish in them xD, I have one more available bowl for a new betta :3, when I go to Petsmart I'm going to look for some nice colors. What are some nice colors you think will attract peoples attention?

By the way, I only have one bowl...
MarinePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #5 
hmckin20

petsmart has some cuties :D they've had some really nice ones lately.

i have wayyy too many. twenty one fish in all, five divided ten gals and one sorority tank, as well as a tub for this guy and a QT tank for my injured Gabriel.

nice colors, hmmm.. well, i tend to like bright reds, yellows, whites etc but there are bunches of gorgeous marbles and dark colors. really, it's probably personal preference, just keep out for a cutie that draws you in :)
Old 09-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #6 
BlakbirdxGyarados

From what I can see, he appears to have dragon genes, yes.... Yeah. I think so.
*tries to imagine him as a giant*

Some dragons are halfmoon, crowntail, and I've seen a veiltail dragon at my work once, but he was also a marble, so I guess most of it eiher hadn't marbled in yet or he marbled it away.
Not all dragons are plakats.

Edit: And Ninja was no giant. xD I rarely see the King bettas anyway, but any of the ones I have seen, they weren't dragons.

Last edited by BlakbirdxGyarados; 09-03-2011 at 08:26 PM.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #7 
hmckin20

ohjee, a marble veiltail sounds awesome. :O
okay, thanks for clearing that up. :3 so are his short fins just a dragon gene, and not plakat?

i'll try to get a size comparison picture in a minute..

here we go

flash was on the first one x.x

he's next to flair and then caspian, who is my biggest VT.

Last edited by hmckin20; 09-03-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #8 
BlakbirdxGyarados

We've always got a bunch of marble veiltails at work. Which is nice, so it's not always the common plain blue or red ones... but they're veiltail. I saw a dalmation veiltail, too... D: Augh...

Short fins are a plakat gene. :3 The dragon gene is just the way the scales are. Sometimes it can be hard to tell if you have a dragon or not, though I'm fairly sure Goliath is.

Interested in the pic... He just looks so normal sized from what you have up now. xD;

Edit: Forgive any mispellings. I've got a killer headahce right now and uually I can'tt ype righ whie I have it.

Editedit: Case and point. xD
Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #9 
hmckin20

ohman, i couldn't work in a petstore! i'd wanna take home every cutie i saw. the temptation must be insaneee xD

okay xD he's just bigger than my other fish. i think he's just an all around mutt.
i just noticed, you can see where flair took a few nose dives into the filter before i took it out.. his fins are healing up though :3

GO GET SOME MEDS. xD headaches are nooo fun.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #10 
BlakbirdxGyarados

I refuse meds. :V I think the last time I took any for anything, I was a kid. xD

And... it... felt sort of unreal to see the comparison... like... Woah, he is kinda big.... xD
Maybe he's a young King size betta that isn't as big as he will be? >> Time will tell, but he's most definitely a dragon, I know 100% now. The flash really helped :D

And yeah, especially considering that the bettas we order end up being the most adorable or the most beautiful things ever... Shame on me for falling for an opal Halfmoon.... I bought him. |D But as much as I shouldn't have him in the first place (I thought my goal was to downsize?!), I'm going to claim him as a gift to my fiance. :D
My fiance who isn't obsessed like we are over bettas... but I shall convert him with this beauty... >D