Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #1 
hmckin20

Josie & Marie C:

I went to Wal-mart.. I swear, I was only headed over to see the ceramic toys. xD And then I was looking into the cups, and I saw these two little girls... they're SO TINY. They're basically babies. I picked up the orange one, and was like.. oh jeez. They're already chilling in a half an inch of gunk. They're gonna be here for a while..

So I put the orange one in my cart and then this little girl came over and picked up the green one, and she's carrying it around for a minute, and I felt like such a jerk cause I was staring her down like a hawk. xD Pretending to look at the decorations too. Anyway, she sits the green one down for a second and picks up the only male there to show her parents, and then I swoop in xD And I grabbed the green one and ran with it. I'm such a child. xD

And I found this great 3.5 Gal plastic container for $1 :D So I thought, I could throw a divider in there and let these girls have at it! It can be a temporary home while they grow up a little bit.

The orange one (who is now named Josie- she reminded me of Josie from Josie and the *****cats xD) has a little swim bladder.. she keeps tilting onto her side. It doesn't look too serious though, cause she's chasing the flake of food I put in there for her .. and carrying the thing around. I'm like HONEY DROP IT ALREADY and she's being all I'MA EAT THIS WHOLE THING .. now she's got some sticking out of her mouth and she ate about a fourth of it..

I took a vid of her eating, I'll upload in a bit xD

And then the green one looks like like a little bit of a crowntail, even though her lid says veiltail. She's got little rays that don't look like fin rot or nipping.

You can tell she's a little PO'd at me. xD
And I named her Marie.. like mah REE.

and this is how big they are. she's a little difficult to see but you'll spot her in a minute.

hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #2 
TequilatheBetta

Very cute :3 I bet that girl was pissed that you took her betta! LOL
TequilatheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #3 
hmckin20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilatheBetta View Post
Very cute :3 I bet that girl was pissed that you took her betta! LOL

LOL PROBABLY. xD
at the very least i think i got a look from her parents.

I had to take some of the flake from Josie's cup cause she looks like a stuffed cherry now but she's vacuuming the bottom of the cup for more... IDK if I should keep feeding them flakes or pellets, do you guys think pellets would be too much for them?
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #4 
Rocketscissors

They're cute! Love the orange one. Lol, it's not good to steal from little girls.
Rocketscissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #5 
Rocketscissors

My bettas won't even eat flakes. Spoiled little brats xD.
Rocketscissors is offline   Reply With Quote